Author Topic: Trailer / Teaser for Lone Wolf by InCrypt  (Read 651 times)

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
Trailer / Teaser for Lone Wolf by InCrypt
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
I’ve been working on this film for the last couple weeks, and wasn’t going to release anything until it was complete. But on Friday I had a setback. I re-loaded Aces High and in the process lost my Films Directory. This means that I lost 9 months of film recordings, including ALL the stuff I had recorded for this project.
Now, I was already against the wall in principal photography, needing about 20 more scenes shot, and I needed volunteers for that. But now I’ve got to reshoot ALL of my flight sequences. Furthermore, the footage I had, which I had captured with Fraps, and used in this intro, was all rubbish. I had forgotten to turn off the “Capture Mouse” check box. Some of the footage is from an older version of Aces High, and the mouse icon isn't too obtrusive. But some is from the newer versions, and you can tell the difference by the huge mouse pointer, sitting there on the screen like some huge weird white fly has landed on the monitor. :(
I was already going to be tasked with re-shooting all the fraps captures, now I’m doubly tasked with reshooting all the Aces High Stock Footage which I use to set up the Fraps captures. Considering the work load, I thought I would post this, admitedly flawed, version of the movie “Lone Wolf”  and call it a “trailor. And without further adieu I present:

Lone Wolf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFk_c8Itb5s

If you are interested you can see my other film, Learn 2 Crawl, you can catch it in my first film ever thread.
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
Re: Trailer / Teaser for Lone Wolf by InCrypt
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
I know this is going to be dumb and pointless but, where can i find that gunsight?
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:01 AM »
Fantastic movie begining sir...Made me wish for more  :aok :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
Great audio. You have some experience flying into controlled airports I think.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »
 :aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:53:03 PM »
looks great..

sorry to hear about losing your files...
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
Reloading the game does not remove anything from the installation folder.  Just search for "films" folder on the driver where the game has been installed and see if two folders show up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
Hey guys! Thanks much for the feedback!
Skuzzy - did an un-install/re-install, and that cycle DID remove the films directory.

Buster - I have only ever been a passenger in a real plane. Last private plane I was in was my uncle's Air Coupe when I was fifteen. No, I've just been cartoon flying for a VERY long time - since I was 14. My comm. chatter, which you hear in the film, was actually learned by flying MS FSX and using their radio. So, it's understandable the mistakes I made, which I learned when Mace - a fellow squad mate and REAL pilot - gave me a runway intrusion ticket. I should have said Position and Hold, not hold short. Something I'll re-dub when I re-make the film in its entirety. ;)

Warphoenix - Squad secret. I'm not permitted to talk about it... ;)
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...