Author Topic: Iron Eagles Recruiting  (Read 494 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Iron Eagles Recruiting
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »
Hello all, just letting you know our new squad the IRON EAGLES is looking for some guys to join us in the air.  Come check out our website and forum.

Forum: http://21thtacticaloperation.smfforfree.com/index.php
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Iron Eagles Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
Here are our squad Goals:

Squadron GOALS:

The following are a set of goals we strive to achieve as a squad at all times:

1. To provide a structured team that works together to achieve individual in-game goals ranging from winning a war to capturing a base to killing an enemy.

2. To educate and improve the individual so he or she can contribute to the team effort.

3. To act in the squads interest before acting in the individuals interest.

4. To play fair and show respect to all the other players.

5. To Have Fun! It is a game anyway.

Folks, play nice.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
When is your squad night?

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
We don't have one set up yet, the squad is still small and we're looking to get some more guys to make a squad night worthwhile.

I think all we would need is two more pilots before we set up a squad night, right now its pretty relaxed as both tomart (XO) and myself have been busy the last few weeks.

Folks, play nice.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »
Here's some more info on how we're organizing this squad:

Before joining the 21st Tactical Squadron, it is important to understand the squad we want to create and the environment we want to fly in.  First and foremost we fly to have fun, however certain people have fun in different ways.  For us, flying in a tightly knit organized squad is fun.

The most basic form of flying you will need to get used to is flying with a wingman to form an Element.

The Element allows for a greater opportunity for success and survival in combat.  Many people have never flown with a wingman, and it can be more difficult than you think.  However, with time and practice you will learn to maintain your SA (Situational Awareness) and keep and eye on your wingman as much as all the bogies around you.  You can quickly make a pass at a bogie on your wingman’s six or rely on him to do the same.  Success in combat (i.e. KILLS) comes from practice at keeping your wingman alive.  It is important to start your practice with a wingman without the goal of landing multiple kills, that is a secondary objective.

Folks, play nice.