Author Topic: Warping  (Read 530 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Warping
« on: June 23, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »
Gents, I had an interesting experience chasing a KI-84 last week. I was in my trusted Dora and gaining. I got within about 400 yards and was about to kill the punk when, per expectation, he pulled up.

The part I didn't expect was that he disappeared for a second or so at the beginnining of the pull. 

Did I run into a cable-puller? I believe I have an ID - should I report him?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Warping
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
Internet lag.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »
The timing couldn't have been more opportune - for him. Up 'til that incident, he was a nice continuous image.

As Buck Turgidson said, I smell a big fat commie rat.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
Odds are far more likely that it's just internet lag as AKAK pointed out, I wouldn't put too much thought or fret over it.  But if it will make you sleep better at night you can always email it HTC.  What you don't want to do is post any films or call anyone out on the BBS.  If you're concerned send it in and if there is something going on they will deal with it.  My money is on internet lag, pure and simple though.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
Odds are far more likely that it's just internet lag as AKAK pointed out, I wouldn't put too much thought or fret over it.  But if it will make you sleep better at night you can always email it HTC.  What you don't want to do is post any films or call anyone out on the BBS.  If you're concerned send it in and if there is something going on they will deal with it.  My money is on internet lag, pure and simple though.

OR their computer was simply overloaded.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 07:10:44 AM »
I've noticed more warping since the power outage the other day.  I got killed last night by somebody who (on my end) fired after they were past me
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:14:41 AM »
I've noticed more warping since the power outage the other day.  I got killed last night by somebody who (on my end) fired after they were past me

That is typical lag