Author Topic: Recent patch  (Read 580 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Recent patch
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:49:52 AM »
Thanks HiTech and gang for the latest patch.  It fixed my issue with the gunsight and now it's back to how it used to be.  Also, whatever other fixes and tweaks you did also helped as well.  Increase in frame rates by about 15fps with self-shadowing and local reflections turned back on.  The stuttering is still there though, at times its not so bad but when large amount of players show up in a small area or there is a large draw section, it will still stutter.  Hopefully next patch will remedy that.  Just wanted to say thanks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: Recent patch
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:02:27 AM »
Thanks HiTech and gang for the latest patch.  It fixed my issue with the gunsight and now it's back to how it used to be.  Also, whatever other fixes and tweaks you did also helped as well.  Increase in frame rates by about 15fps with self-shadowing and local reflections turned back on.  The stuttering is still there though, at times its not so bad but when large amount of players show up in a small area or there is a large draw section, it will still stutter.  Hopefully next patch will remedy that.  Just wanted to say thanks.

ack-ack

+1

:aok :salute
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:04:45 AM »
+gazillion
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »
the last patch did help. but i see a lot of people talking about this stutter is it almost like if you froze a little?.the only problem I'm having is when i look at straight line (runway,buildings etc.) very jagged.my FR holds between 56,60

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »
the last patch did help. but i see a lot of people talking about this stutter is it almost like if you froze a little?.the only problem I'm having is when i look at straight line (runway,buildings etc.) very jagged.my FR holds between 56,60
Lazy, the "stutters" most are talking about occur during a movement, either aircraft or view.  The result is that instead of the movement being smooth there are small hitches so it's like a series of small steps rather than a single continuous movement.  The jagged look for straight lines is altogether different.  The "jags" are a result of your resolution and Antialiasing settings for your graphics card (it's also now controlled via the Video settings in AH).  AA costs a lot of computer power but can help if your card can handle it.  Mine cannot.  If you up your resolution (say from 256 to 512 or 512 to 1024) the lines get much smoother without having to use AA. 
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
thanks mace. I'm gunna just hold off with any adjustments right now. not really an issue just wondering.I'm gunna wait till HT gets things settled down :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »
The only problem I have now is my gunsite.

It is the last thing to render, but it usually shows up about the time that I get my gears up.

Hurray for the new patch.   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:35 AM »
I had this wierd thing last time I was on where there was this constant little pulse about every two seconds to the world view as I moved forward through it.  I wasn't really bothered by it.  I seem to recall going through this at some point in the past once my system became outdated by whatever the most current released version was.

Basically not playing the game until I get my new system put together....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »
I wont be playing the game until they get the stuttering fixed. Was at tank town earlier and couldnt shoot anything because of the stutters. :salute to HTC and hopefully the stuttering is fixed soon!
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »
No stutters for me anymore.

Only thing I don't have turned on is smooth shadows.  Drops frame rate from ~60 to 7.......

Uninstalled video drivers, Installed latest ones.

Defragged drive.

Installed new patch.

Now if I could only get these POS Saitek rudder pedals fixed    (physically jammed, not software issue)    :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
I had this wierd thing last time I was on where there was this constant little pulse about every two seconds to the world view as I moved forward through it.  I wasn't really bothered by it.  I seem to recall going through this at some point in the past once my system became outdated by whatever the most current released version was.

Basically not playing the game until I get my new system put together....

Regular pulses like you described are almost always cause by a program running in background doing a regular timed poll of some sort.

HiTech

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38:10 PM »
Regular pulses like you described are almost always cause by a program running in background doing a regular timed poll of some sort.

HiTech

I remember the same thing happening on the last upgrade, I assumed it was the terrain loading and other stuff because I didn't have pre-load into memory checked. It eventually stopped after about a half hour to hour.

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
I am having problems with stuttering and freezing too. Before the 2nd patch came I had bad FRs but that was about it,now the game starts freezing a lot and I now get children's menu FRs when I'm near people  "12 and under :)"   Anyone know what could have changed it?