Author Topic: SAMSUNG F2380 - Don't be fooled by the great reviews on NewEgg ...  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: SAMSUNG F2380 - Don't be fooled by the great reviews on NewEgg ...
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
Boilerdown is correct - I chatted with them at length and if I talk to Samsung and they tell me this one is defective, then I can call back and "we'd talk".  Otherwise .... it's mine. 

And as much as I love NewEgg, I just couldn't justify buying another monitor that I can't see first from them (to myself, let alone anyone else ... ) - so I ordered the BenQ to replace it from Buy.com.

BTW - if you ever do need to deal with Newegg on a customer service issue, I'd suggest using email versus chat.  I went into it expecting that there was nothing they'd do for me - and still ended the conversation frustrated.  Still, I've been buying stuff from them for over 6 years, and this is the first time they've ever let me down.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: SAMSUNG F2380 - Don't be fooled by the great reviews on NewEgg ...
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »
Unfortunately, not for monitors.  They have a special monitor policy, and unless it has enough dead pixels, you're stuck with what you buy from Newegg.  Unless you're sure its the monitor you want, I suggest avoiding newegg for monitor (LCD at least) purchases.

As for how you can pick a good LCD model, I always suggest this thread:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y

Its my bible whenever its time to upgrade.

Thank you for this information. I'm one of the many that pass by the return policy section assuming it's the standard 30-day return policy. This information will certainly assist me in making a more, "educated" buying decision.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.