Author Topic: Re-installing game.  (Read 545 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re-installing game.
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
Has anyone had any luck solving the stuttering or white screen problems by uninstalling and re-installing the game from scratch?

I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but figured it might reach a broader audience,thus increasing the odds of a larger response.

It seems alot of guys started getting problems when they installed new video cards.

Would it help to re-introduce the game to the entire system?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Re-installing game.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »
Has anyone had any luck solving the stuttering or white screen problems by uninstalling and re-installing the game from scratch?

I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but figured it might reach a broader audience,thus increasing the odds of a larger response.

It seems alot of guys started getting problems when they installed new video cards.

Would it help to re-introduce the game to the entire system?

Last night got tired of the constant white screen of death and tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it fixed it.  Afterwards, I logged in and immediately a white screen of death.  So it didn't work for me and as far as the stutters go, they disappeared for me after patch 4.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »
I did it and yes no glitches until the few white screen crashes...but what I did was uninstall, clean the registry, delete any signs of the old install, then re-installed using the full installer of the latest rev...that was after doing virus/spyware sweeps using 4 different programs just to make sure. During the install process I disabled my anti-virus active scanning. The only thing I haven't done yet (and I should) is uninstall then reinstall my video and sound drivers.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
I have not gotten this wsod yet. I played lots of hours and have not had this. My stutters are gone now with the last two patches. Now that I say this I will log in and the white screen of death.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
Yes it works i posted this very thing on another thread about a week ago the only problem you will have is that you will have to reprogram youre joystick buttons, sounds pack views and the rest. It will be like you downloaded it for the first time. Just clean the HTC folder off youre C drive. and do a system search for any traces of AH and youre good to go. Redownload it and thats it. :aok

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »
Yes it works i posted this very thing on another thread about a week ago the only problem you will have is that you will have to reprogram youre joystick buttons, sounds pack views and the rest. It will be like you downloaded it for the first time. Just clean the HTC folder off youre C drive. and do a system search for any traces of AH and youre good to go. Redownload it and thats it. :aok
You can save a copy of your settings and stickdef folders elsewhere, and after you re-install game copy them back into the new Aces High folder. Then you won't have to reset up your peripherals.
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »
Good point scratch :aok i was tryin to get out of the office and was in a hurry. Probly should have waited till i got home and expanded on my comments :salute