Author Topic: 2.14 Patch 5, New Stuttering Issue.  (Read 357 times)

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
2.14 Patch 5, New Stuttering Issue.
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
Hi,

I Just installed 2.14 patch 5 and now appear to have the stuttering reported by others. Strange thing is I never had any stuttering at all before this.

Hardware Profile:

CPU              AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
Memory         1.5 GB
Graphics        RADEON X800 PRO
Motherboard   Gigabyte
O.S.              Windows XP

Regards...

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Re: 2.14 Patch 5, New Stuttering Issue.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
Hi,

2.14 patch 6, stuttering still present.

Details as above.

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »
Ditto.  Stuttering issue - but alt-tabbing out and back in fixes it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »
Have you posted a dxdiag output yet Badboy? Or haven't you run dxdiag yet?

You might want to read some of the other threads regarding the stuttering effect in the Tech Support forum...Skuzzy has posted a lot of valuable information on the issue.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »
Have you posted a dxdiag output yet Badboy? Or haven't you run dxdiag yet?

Nope, never posted dxdiag, but I have posted it below. I don't really know what to look for in there, so if anyone spots anything obvious please let me know.

You might want to read some of the other threads regarding the stuttering effect in the Tech Support forum...Skuzzy has posted a lot of valuable information on the issue.

Yep, I've checked most of what's been said, but nothing has worked so far. The strange thing is I never had any stuttering until I installed patch 5.

I'm running with all the new graphics turned off, and just the mipmapping on and I get a high frame rate. With Vsinc off the frame rate is around 150 and with it on it pegs out at 60fps the refresh rate of my monitor. I'm happy with the graphics and frame rate I have, if I could fix the stuttering I'd be a very happy bunny indeed.

I notice the stutters soon after I begin to roll along the runway when looking out of the side of the cockpit. If I roll the aircraft the ground detail doesn't rotate smoothly it does so in steps with a frequency of about one second, even though the frame rate never drops below 60. I've never seen this before, so anything that changed with patch 5 is suspect.

I notice that ATI  released new legacy drivers created 7/6/2009, so I could update that if it would help? 

Well here is my dxdiag

http://www.badz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Files/DxDiag.txt

Badboy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:57:56 PM by Badboy »
The Damned (est. 1988)

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
Hi,

Well, I do quite a bit of flying offline, and this evening I flew online for the first time in ages and amazingly, it seems I only get the stuttering offline! It doesn't happen online. 

I went into two different arenas online and no stuttering, then loaded the same terrain offline, took off from the same field etc, and it was stuttering again. Don't know if that is a clue as to the cause or not.

Anyway, I'm very happy it doesn't happen online, but I do fly offline a fair bit so I'm still interested in a solution if possible.

Thanks...

Badboy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:46:14 PM by Badboy »
The Damned (est. 1988)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
Now that's odd badboy...  :huh

Right off the top of my head (even though it's mostly empty)...

You have an oddball amount of system RAM...I'm willing to bet it's mixed memory chips with different timings...sometimes an issue, sometimes not.

You paging file is huge...a lot of stuff running in the background there...and Skuzzy will tell you the same thing.

And AGP graphics card and you're running the video resolution this high: Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
That's higher than what the monitor max is: Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Try dropping that to 1440x900 for starters...you might be able to adjust up a little from there but you're pushing the processor on your graphics card to it's full level which takes away from it's performance...think of it like your system processor...if it's maxed out, things run slower.

Sound card driver is very out dated...Date and Size: 2/18/2004 16:51:08...it's gonna be tough finding a newer one but I did it yesterday by googling it...just be careful of where you get it from.

You could try just lowering you video card resolution to start with then find out what's making such a huge paging file and getting rid of the un necessary junk... then proceed from there. I'm assuming you disable your anti-virus program before you start playing too.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett