Author Topic: P-39 gun bugs  (Read 989 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: P-39 gun bugs
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 05:38:39 AM »
Quote from: Readme2147
Changed the P-39s cannon to make it easier to fire single shots without inadvertant double taps.

:aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »
Baumer, I see that you posted the exact same sized P-51D on the exact same sized target as I did.

How was I posting wrong info, then? Also see Strip's dispersion pattern, and the fact that they fixed the double tap on the P-39s in the patch 7 readme, and show me how I was posting bad info, please?

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »
To clarify my post for you Krusty, I believe you were wrong in the following area's.

1.) The P-51 image is not directly from the dead 6 position, hence it can take more area over the target given the slight angle.

2.) I posted films of firing single shots in both the P-39D and P-39Q. Your initial post stated that it was a bug and you could not fire a single round. Just because HTC decided to make it easier does not mean that the bug as you reported was correct. By the way, since you are one who's a stickler for historical accuracy, is there any documentation that you could even fire single rounds reliably from the 37mm?

3.) The accusatory wording of your post to me makes it abundantly clear to me, that you hold yourself in such esteem, that any chance you get to defend your fragile ego you will do so. Perhaps a better way to have responded, and get a dig in at me, would have been to simply thank HTC for addressing your slow trigger finger issue.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »
is there any documentation that you could even fire single rounds reliably from the 37mm?

I always thought the problem historically was that it typically only fired one shot before it jammed up. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.