Author Topic: Integrated MP3/wave player.  (Read 398 times)

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Integrated MP3/wave player.
« on: September 04, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
I'm too lazy to do a search for a AH music player, but I'm sure it has been asked for a few times. So I will bring it up again for those as lazy as me.

I love to listen to some good fighting music while I play the game, but, music player's use up alot of resources. I would like to see AH create an integrated music player that would play MP3 and/or wave music files from a added folder within the AH run files. You could load that folder with your own music files like adding sights or in-game sounds and have them ready to listen to while playing. Anyways, my two cents.

:salute
DasChewy
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Integrated MP3/wave player.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »
iTunes or some other outside of game device is your only shot. 

Won't get music in-game because HTC would need to have it licensed.  That would cost way way too much money.

However, if your asking them to code a control panel that plays mp3's from your library................

I'd rather them finish a new plane.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »
get winamp, disable the nice interface, enable hot keys. Now you're able to listen to music, stop it, pause it, next track etc without minimising aces high, the extra computer work is hardly noticeable on my modest single core athlon 64.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »
Use a auxiliary cord into your line in port to connect your mp3 player into your computer.  Can get a auxiliary cord for $5.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rtcircus
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
Only if it plays "In The Mood" non-stop.    :noid
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Proud member of the 364th CHawks, 383rd BG, formerly the RTC.

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
iTunes or some other outside of game device is your only shot. 
Won't get music in-game because HTC would need to have it licensed.  That would cost way way too much money.
However, if your asking them to code a control panel that plays mp3's from your library................
I'd rather them finish a new plane.

I get what he's saying though, the music programs do use some memory, and if you have a low end comp, it can cause lag or some other "fun" effects. What he's asking is for a basic music player that plays .mp3/.wav files that you add like you add a gunsight, a new folder. Then control in game, ie from the clipboard. I like the idea, but it seems like a waste of programming resorces...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
Use a auxiliary cord into your line in port to connect your mp3 player into your computer.  Can get a auxiliary cord for $5.

I did consider this, I have an MP3 player (who doesn't nowadays), I didn't know they made a cord to put inline with the output headphone jack. Very cool, I'll have to search for one. Thanks Hoarch.  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".