Author Topic: I know it's not much, but I'm proud!  (Read 750 times)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
Re: I know it's not much, but I'm proud!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 09:44:12 AM »
I don't remember offhand, but I can dig out my CAP stuff sometime and tell ya lol... CAP was quite fun, got my Private Pilot through CAP, also was a Cadet Commander of Group 1 (Ohio Wing) Ground SAR Team, and cadet commander of Squadron 101 (Blue Ash, OH), Went through Hawk Mountain to earn my CAP Ranger tab (Advanced SAR techniques), also earned my Airborne and Ground Radiological monitoring badges... Not to mention the fun had working various airshows, Encampments, etc etc.  SO much fun was had!

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
I don't remember offhand, but I can dig out my CAP stuff sometime and tell ya lol... CAP was quite fun, got my Private Pilot through CAP, also was a Cadet Commander of Group 1 (Ohio Wing) Ground SAR Team, and cadet commander of Squadron 101 (Blue Ash, OH), Went through Hawk Mountain to earn my CAP Ranger tab (Advanced SAR techniques), also earned my Airborne and Ground Radiological monitoring badges... Not to mention the fun had working various airshows, Encampments, etc etc.  SO much fun was had!

Sol

Wow! I've seen the old radiological monitoring badges, but they aren't issued anymore. I'm in the pipe for Cadet Commander, 66th Composite Squadron, HI Wing (We have no groups out here, lol).

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 01:20:52 AM »
congrats sir!!!  :aok

i was never a cadet, but have been in CAP for 6 years now,

when i joined, i was in the Air Victory Museum Squadron(NJ-079). i was their transportation officer, and Aerospace education officer.
 i've since moved up to NJ Wing Staff, and am now the NJ Wing LGT.

serenity. you want something cool to show your fellow cadets? kinda like an aerospace education class/?

i used my hangan 9 T-34, a large fan(set on low speed), and an automotive diagnostic smoke machine.

with this setup, you can show them the airflow over the wings...and the stall, as it seperates...and ya don;t even need a tunnel.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »
congrats sir!!!  :aok

i was never a cadet, but have been in CAP for 6 years now,

when i joined, i was in the Air Victory Museum Squadron(NJ-079). i was their transportation officer, and Aerospace education officer.
 i've since moved up to NJ Wing Staff, and am now the NJ Wing LGT.

serenity. you want something cool to show your fellow cadets? kinda like an aerospace education class/?

i used my hangan 9 T-34, a large fan(set on low speed), and an automotive diagnostic smoke machine.

with this setup, you can show them the airflow over the wings...and the stall, as it seperates...and ya don;t even need a tunnel.

<<S>>

Dude... SWEET! I'm the only one in the squadron with wings and so the unofficial squadron Aerospace OIC.