Author Topic: Lancaster III bomber  (Read 886 times)

Offline whisperingeye

• Zinc Member
Re: Lancaster III bomber
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 06:20:52 PM »
Also is there a way to see the bomb explode, cuz how am i supposed to know if i hit my target or what i hit if i cant see the bomb explode.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
There will be a message in the text buffer if you destroyed an object (or killed another player)

You can also hit F3, then F8. Then you can freely move your external view around with the numberpad keys, for example to look down to see explosions.
Of course, in bombers like the B-24 you can simply jump to your belly gunner position.

More info about level bombing:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/    Chapter "Level Bombing Techniques"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:40:29 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline tokenjo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 10:20:55 PM »
Have you scaled the elevators on your stick?  If not even a little movement
may cause the symptoms you describe, which would be full deflection of yer
elevators.   If you haven't do a search in this forum for stick scaling.

Tokenjo

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 01:26:27 AM »
ya i had the 14 1k bombs, now i got 6 of em i think, and also i got 25% fuel now and its better but still its not that it was slow while going up, but it was unresponsive to my moventments. like when ide pull up on it, it would raise a small amount and then go back down to where i was, and sometimes when i would try to raise up, it would actually descend. now it does the same but its faster at doing it :P

It sounds normal to me, especialy when it only happens with this plane and none other, and you said its a bit better with a light load.

Engine Power

Most bombers are not known for good climb, top speed, or acceleration, and the Lancaster typifies this. The Lanc is slow, especially at low levels, turning an unimpressive 226mph at sea-level. Fortunately, speed improves with altitude but only 277mph at 14K and then slowly drops off. That's a reasonably decent top speed but occurs fairly low in altitude and really doesn't offer much safety. Climb rate is also lousy at full load, though can be significantly improved if you decide not to take a maximum amount of bombs. 600ft/minute is about all you can expect with fully laden with ordinance, holding fairly steady until 15K, above which is drops off dramatically. At low levels though the Lanc can be a sitting duck, with easy overtake by any fighter in the game. Range on full internal fuel is huge, 141minutes, which is totally unnecessary and a lesser 25-50% is more typical a load
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 06:33:58 PM »
There will be a message in the text buffer if you destroyed an object (or killed another player)

You can also hit F3, then F8. Then you can freely move your external view around with the numberpad keys, for example to look down to see explosions.
Of course, in bombers like the B-24 you can simply jump to your belly gunner position.

Or, if you wish to have a nice zoomed in view, you can hit U then use your stick to move the bombsight around and watch the bombs fall.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Lligaf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
Put the flaps up all the way on take off and leave them there. Plane very unstable with flaps dwn. Also as you where already told only take 25% fuel can fly all the way across map.That's the only bomber I fly. I guess you could say I'm a lancstuka dive bombing dweeb. 
365TH HELL HAWKS