Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 1375 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »
Actually, good news, it wasn't a hernia. Instead, it was some bullchit infection, in some ingrown hair on the side of my leg, that went to some glands, and made them swell up by where it should swell when you get a hernia.

So, they cut me up, and drained it (freaked me out, watched them slice my leg, couldn't feel a thing, almost passed out, after about 5 minutes).

And I'mma at home sleepin in tomorrow and the next day, and keepin the pain out with vicodin.

did ya take pics? can it top THE TOE(INSERT VINCENT PRICE VOICE HERE)

BTW...GLAD ALL IS GOOD DUDE. :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
Here's a quick pic, you can see all the blood from it. (still bleeding, and draining. The middle part has a huge cotton string they shoved down my leg (which scared the living toejam out of me, watching a guy shove scissors with string in my leg, you can see it in the middle.)

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »
Actually, good news, it wasn't a hernia. Instead, it was some bullchit infection, in some ingrown hair on the side of my leg, that went to some glands, and made them swell up by where it should swell when you get a hernia.

Back in my day, I think we called it a ZIT........  :rofl  

Just kidding, glad to hear your OK.  :aok
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:37:47 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
Good luck sir.  Hope you have a young cute nurse with you.   :salute
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »
Yep draining things like boils really freaking hurts. It doesn't matter how much local anesthetic they put in there nothing can stifle that pain when that big SOB pops out after they have been cutting, pushing and pulling on stuff for a while.

I had one when I was playing football in college that developed on my right shoulder blade. I put it off until it was about the size of a 50 cent piece and then told the trainers...who told the team doctor...who whipped out his bag of goodies (scalpel, forceps, you name it he had it in the bag) in the training room and I did pass out after I screamed like a little girl about 2 minutes into it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »
Back in my day, I think we called it a ZIT........  :rofl  

Just kidding, glad to hear your OK.  :aok

Popping a zit apparently started the whole problem. It migrated from the side of my leg to my groin, and had swollen up there.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »
I had something on the inside of my leg about 3 weeks ago that i thought was an ingrown hair so i popped it, about 2 days later my whole leg was swollen and i had 103 fever.  Ended  up being Staph.  :uhoh

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
I had something on the inside of my leg about 3 weeks ago that i thought was an ingrown hair so i popped it, about 2 days later my whole leg was swollen and i had 103 fever.  Ended  up being Staph.  :uhoh

Yea, that's what happened to me, I guess. Idk, it's been 2 days now, and the swelling is the exact same as it was.