Author Topic: Love Saturday Nights  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Love Saturday Nights
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »
I noticed hording by all sides. Been there as long as I have been playing, 13 years.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
IT'S NOT JUST A GAME.....................it's still real to me dammit

<wiping nervous persperation from brow> whew!! i was gettin scared there.  :aok :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »
I noticed hording by all sides. Been there as long as I have been playing, 13 years.

i horde wheat pennies. and silver dollars.  :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:22:44 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »
o horde wheat pennies. and silver dollars.  :D

Hording is not all bad is it.  :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
GOD you are dense ! I understand that the Bish love your missions, I understand that you need to add more spaces to accommodate those who wish to join you, Thats GREAT !!! I applaud you and you missions. < ---- PLEASE NOTE NONE OF THIS IS SARCASM, all I'm saying is when you have the numbers, split your force to hit multiple targets. In doing this you have fun, everyone who joins your missions has fun, and yes even the guys you are hitting can have fun because its only 2 on 1 in stead of 6 on 1.

If on Friday night you get together with your squad and defend a base, and lo and behold a horde comes in and flattens everything. You move on to the next base, and here they come again. How long does your fun last? How soon before your squadies start logging in frustration? If the horde that was hitting you splits and hits a few bases at the same time, you guys stick around, having more fun, hanging with each other. Maybe you even stop the mission at that base while they capture the other two, but its still fun because its not a steam roller.

I'm not telling anyone how to fly, or how to play the game, I'm asking for a little consideration and for people to spread the fun out. Thats all, is that tough to understand?

Fugitive I fully understand what you are saying, and I do agree.  There is an issue that would make it difficult for what you suggest be successful. 

The problem with most missions is they are announced and joined by a variety of folks.  Many are spur of the moment things.  Like I stated in an earlier post players have their various reasons for joining.  This is not like the real military where you are mandated to follow the orders of the leader.  I have found players in this game seem to take offense at the littlest things.  I have been involved in missions that took multiple bases, but to do it correctly and successfully there has to be some planning involved before the mission is launched.  Then you have the issue whether the players joining will follow the directions (orders) if the one leading the missions.

Your suggestions works well in the larger squads, but I don't want to even start that argument.

Fred 
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
Saw a large horde the other day and said hey this looks like fun. Announced I was heading that way, said my prayers, and ended up getting a few kills and landing. Noticed the Lynch Mob responded quite well.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »
. . . all I'm saying is when you have the numbers, split your force to hit multiple targets. . .
. . . I'm not telling anyone how to fly, or how to play the game,

:rofl :rofl :rofl

How long does your fun last? How soon before your squadies start logging in frustration? If the horde that was hitting you splits and hits a few bases at the same time, you guys stick around, having more fun, hanging with each other. Maybe you even stop the mission at that base while they capture the other two, but its still fun because its not a steam roller.
I'm glad you are around to tell those guys they are not having fun, because apparently they were under the mistaken belief that they actually were having fun.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
I join almost all bish missions big or small and its fun no matter what happens. I have also been against massive noes and been out numbered 10 to 1 and still had fun. Its the attitude you have that makes your fun or not.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl
I'm glad you are around to tell those guys they are not having fun, because apparently they were under the mistaken belief that they actually were having fun.

If your going to quote me quote the whole thing....

If on Friday night you get together with your squad and defend a base, and lo and behold a horde comes in and flattens everything. You move on to the next base, and here they come again. How long does your fun last? How soon before your squadies start logging in frustration? If the horde that was hitting you splits and hits a few bases at the same time, you guys stick around, having more fun, hanging with each other. Maybe you even stop the mission at that base while they capture the other two, but its still fun because its not a steam roller.

The part of the quote you remove states what if you where being hit by the horde?  If they were continually getting hammered by the horde steam roller , NO they would not be having fun. The hordes cause the arena splits, what will be next to slow the horde?