Author Topic: 3 HE tank rounds to kill one town building  (Read 1312 times)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
Re: 3 HE tank rounds to kill one town building
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Ahhhhh, another victim of the horrible criminal I like to call the Mad Shrubbist! :uhoh

"Roger's the name... Shrubber by trade.  I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."

***G3-MF***

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
Ok... I took the data that WMLute pointed me to, which Murdr originally posted.  I also checked it in the arena settings and its all the same.  I took that data, and combined it with the data for Projectile Strength Analysis located here:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/guns/guns.htm

And this is the result.

http://home.comcast.net/~princeak/OrdinanceVsObjectHardness.xls

A chart showing how many rounds every weapon I could get data on needs to destroy every object in the game I could get data on.  I didnt find anything on the actual hardness of a CV or CA... just the destroyers.  I also ESTIMATED the EP of a 100lb bomb... since I couldnt find that anywhere either.  So if anyone has that data, I will add it to the chart.  Please feel free to double check and point out any errors. Again... this is based SOLEY on the data provided... but it seems to match up in game.  I kept the decimal for rounds needed at 1, so if it shows that it takes 1.6 rounds to destroy the object, I would take 2 in game

If there are no errors, I will convert to a PDF for ease of printing and viewing a hardcopy.

***G3-MF***

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »
The hardness of a Cruiser is the same as the Destroyers. The ship hardness multiplier for the carrier will give its hardness...I think it's 6k, but I don't remember too well.

EDIT: Uploaded it to GoogleDocs here so that everyone can see it without saving it or needing an Office program.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:07:14 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
The hardness of a Cruiser is the same as the Destroyers. The ship hardness multiplier for the carrier will give its hardness...I think it's 6k, but I don't remember too well.

EDIT: Uploaded it to GoogleDocs here so that everyone can see it without saving it or needing an Office program.

Oh cool! Thanks for uploading it.  Never used GoogleDocs before.  It doesnt keep the frame splits, but anyone can just view it now :aok

***G3-MF***

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
Personally, I think we should be able to turn the turret around backwards, and drive through the mother $%^$#&*, but thats just me.  :t

I'd be all for that, as long as at least one in three had a basement.