Author Topic: Where's the Beaufighter?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Where's the Beaufighter?
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 06:55:36 AM »
-1 I want more KIs  :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 06:56:26 AM »
we'll need shipping lanes to destroy with the Beau  :x
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »
6 view has nothing to do with whether or not a plane gets the F3 view.  All that matters is whether it's categorized as a bomber or a fighter.
Precisely this.  When the Mosquito was introduced it was under the Bomber category and it had an F3 view.  A couple days later, after very heavy Mossie use whenever fighter hangers were down and people pointing out this version served in Fighter Command, it was moved to the Fighter category and lost its F3 view.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
beaufighter   for the next patch    :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »
Precisely this.  When the Mosquito was introduced it was under the Bomber category and it had an F3 view.  A couple days later, after very heavy Mossie use whenever fighter hangers were down and people pointing out this version served in Fighter Command, it was moved to the Fighter category and lost its F3 view.
Lets try a new way of looking at this. Question will the Beaufighter carry torpedoes? Answer most likely yes. So how many torpedo carrying aircraft in the game at present use the bomb calibration mode to launch a torpedo? I think they all do right?

So of those torpedo carrying aircraft how many of them have F3 mode? All of them again right? So will the Beaufighter have a calibration mode for the torpedo? I don't know if it will or not, it would be a break from tradition within the game that is for sure if it didn't. The same would be said of the F3 mode for a torpedo launching aircraft.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
Lets try a new way of looking at this. Question will the Beaufighter carry torpedoes? Answer most likely yes. So how many torpedo carrying aircraft in the game at present use the bomb calibration mode to launch a torpedo? I think they all do right?

So of those torpedo carrying aircraft how many of them have F3 mode? All of them again right? So will the Beaufighter have a calibration mode for the torpedo? I don't know if it will or not, it would be a break from tradition within the game that is for sure if it didn't. The same would be said of the F3 mode for a torpedo launching aircraft.
None of that matters.  All that matters is if HTC designates it a fighter or a bomber, and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they designate it a fighter for the same reasons the Mosquito FB.Mk VI is a fighter in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Heck no!  We don't need no F3 mode for the Beau!

And why would you perk a plane that was first flying combat in 1940?

It's not uber, it's just tough, and has a ton of history to go with it.  Throw in that it served in every theater of the war outside of the Russian front, and all the skinning possibilities and scenaro uses and what's not to like?

+1
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »

My fave Beau pics, "just in case anyone thought it was a shameless bump".
Time to honor our RAAF friends who flew the bird to such good effect, terrorizing Jap shipping.

This is a nice slice of Historia even if the video is kinda downgraded. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUdbzQCm_Y

Nice shot of a Beau with some battle scars.
Nice shot of a Beau doing its thing.

My all time favorite Beau shot.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 11:50:49 PM »