Author Topic: Flat and climbing scissors  (Read 725 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Flat and climbing scissors
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:20:04 AM »
Anyone know of a good film I can get of the flat and climbing scissors?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flat and climbing scissors
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:13:12 AM »
http://www.bss214.com/tactics/tacticsguide.html#scissorThis is just a graphic but it'll show you what you need to know I think.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

This topic has been discussed many times.

There are three scissors

Flat
Rolling
Verticle

Do a search for all of them. There are several good post with movies and graphics on this very topic

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:27:42 PM »
Or search Badboy he has the best training on them Ive seen. But read the other post it gives you some small tidbits of info on how to do better and what makes the difference.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »
Although the films that are about are good, I found getting with a trainer or even somebody who is proficient in the TA and going through the motions myself and watch the film I made helped me the most... for the simple reason I was there and felt (so to speak) the differences as they happened.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »

I have some great films of scissoring I'll add later for ya. I also have the next 2 days off work, if you would like me to practice scissoring(all forms) just hit me up. It's my favorite thing to do in game and I'd be more than happy to spend hours helping you to perfect it!
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
i have a film of me in a 38G, vs snaphook in a tbm, in a vertical scissors.......i lost.....but i'll find it, and try to get it posted here for yas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

this film is me in a p38G.....it;'sa little old.....before the update, and iw as still using my old 1.2ghz computer. i still sucked though.

snaphook is flying a sbd..and this is the film he sent to me. i think he reads these threads...and hope you don't mine me posting this dude, but it's a perfect vertical scissors...going downhill.

the entire fight only lasts a couple minutes. i tried to hit him fast and hard at first. also bear in mind, i didn't know it was being flown by snap.....
use external fixed view, turn on trails, and turn on "use recorded views". after you watch it like this, then go to internal.
 you'll see, at about 2:05, i got impatient, as i kept missing him, so i slowed into a turning fight. at 2:10, i'm behind him pointing down, and you can see snap roll over to initiate the maneuver. at 2:17, you can see i'm going too fast, and about to end up out front. at 2:21, i managed to slow down, but was pulling too hard, and you can see my 38 o doom getting wobbly, as i'm exceeding the critical angle of attack, and about to have a problem. 2:21, you can see me over rotating, and then suffering a departure stall at about 2:23. this is where i lost the fight.
 had my speed control been better, i might've held with him in this. i also should never have left him get me into a downhill fight like that.

hope this helps some.

snaphook is an awsome pile-it. he's good at explaining things, and if you see him in the ta, and he's not already getting ganged, you might get him to help ya out a little.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ymxgmmlmmt
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)