Author Topic: building endurance  (Read 528 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
building endurance
« on: November 27, 2009, 01:33:28 AM »
or stamina or somethin, anyways i guess the only thing it would effect is the amount of G's u can pull before experiencing tunnel vision, an would be a factor of your kill/death ratio. it would have to be re-built up every month. but would reward people for dieing less an killing more.

i bet if i got into a dogfight wit eric hartman ide be blackin out an shii after a few g's wheras that guy all experienced an what not would be in alot better shape. capable of doin crazy stuff like an astronaut or somethin. or a redbull air racer.....yeah beside who was that pilot that said "getting into a dogfight usually came down to who was in better shape an who got tired first"  who could continue making the gut wrenching maneuvers. kno wut i mean..... of course u do

anyways just another factor to add to the game i hope i explained it good enough. i
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: building endurance
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
wait wait hold the phone.... this would just make boom n zoom easier for the alt monkeys....my mistake. i withdraw my idea how do i delete this? :bolt:
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »
I know what you mean. I too am sick of the raw plane vs plane action, with very little human element added. But this idea would never work, just reading it sounds like it would have problems. It would bring in a whole new type of player; one that we do not want. Plus it would encourage cherry picking, which a lot of people frown upon.

Instead, how about we get a system sort of like IL2. I have not played the game much, only the demo, but it seems like when you experience G forces your whole body is pushed to the corresponding side, making it a little difficult to fly. But in AH2 you constantly face forward into the gun sight. If HTC were to incorporate this it might add the necessary human element.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:55:49 AM by Clone155 »

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:31:18 AM »
I know what you mean. I too am sick of the raw plane vs plane action, with very little human element added.

I think you need to consider it the other way, Clone. Raw plane vs. plane action provides more human element to this game, not less.

Imagine: two pilots merge, both in the same plane. Neither virtual character has any advantage over the other; it is raw plane vs. plane. This fight will be decided entirely by a human element, i.e. who is more skilled sitting at their computer.

I'd much much rather have that human element come into play than the RPG element bagrat is asking for, where two planes merge, one is a Level 9 Jagdflieger with G force invinicibility boost spell on, and the other doesn't have a wizard spell on. To me, that's not human element, that's pure RPG fiction. There are lots of sorcery games for that, and for me what makes AH so special is the fact that there is none of that.

Fights in AH are decided entirely by the human element. Just a different way to consider it <S>

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 04:23:13 AM »
Well put, Trotter.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »

I'd much much rather have that human element come into play than the RPG element bagrat is asking for, where two planes merge, one is a Level 9 Jagdflieger with G force invinicibility boost spell on, and the other doesn't have a wizard spell on. To me, that's not human element, that's pure RPG fiction. There are lots of sorcery games for that, and for me what makes AH so special is the fact that there is none of that.

Fights in AH are decided entirely by the human element. Just a different way to consider it <S>

Now now i never said anything about invincibility, (now we know what games you were playing before AH). hmmm.
tho now i feel the need to change my call sign to "Lv20BagRat"  :x
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:47:53 PM by bagrat »

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »
Now now i never said anything about invincibility, (now we know what games you were playing before AH). hmmm.
tho now i feel the need to change my call sign to "Lv20BagRat"  :x

lol

And no, before AH my primary games have always been military sims. I have dabbled in RPG's from time to time but never got much enjoyment out of them, simply for the "non-human" element of leveling, specialty items, etc. Again, their absence is why I always keep coming back to AH and other sims.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
In AH2, you face forward constantly, with a slight amount of body movement when you turn. All I am asking for is more body movement.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »
In AH2, you face forward constantly, with a slight amount of body movement when you turn. All I am asking for is more body movement.
You get more body movement as the G's increase. AH and IL-2 are nigh identical in that regard. I know this from playing IL-2 for several hours last night, and from repeated experiences. What you are asking for is for HTC to over-exaggerate this movement caused by how G's act on the player.

Research.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X