Author Topic: What a landing  (Read 252 times)

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
What a landing
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »
Is this guy lucky or good?

If you watch his remaining aileron right before he touches down, I say he is good, very good.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dbm1imixzgk/Pilotomago.wmv
Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: What a landing
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
It's a fake.  If you look closely, you can tell by the shadows when the plane is on the ground and the lack of whatever was painted on the nose.  In the footage that really does show the stunt plane, it has something clearly written on the nose but when it's on the ground there is nothing there.  Plus, while some stunt planes that have a high thrust to weight ratio are capable of 'knife edge' flight, I don't think it would be possible with only one wing.  However, RC planes (like the one in the video) are quite capable of doing this maneuver rather easily.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
As both an rc and full scale aerobatics pilot, i can confirm akak is right. There is no way a full scale plane could pull that of. But,with an rc it would not be that hard. Many rc planes are setup so overpowered the wings and tail function as little more than a spot to attach control surfaces.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »
Ya this one has been posted on here before... You can see where the video is cut and spliced.... engine sound changes. def sounds like an r/c.... some othe stuff that was mentioned allready...

<S>   
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.