Author Topic: Two Newb questions  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Two Newb questions
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
Yes flinch thats how I have mine setup, however, its all subjective.

If yours works for you the way it is, leave it be.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  :)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 12:08:53 PM »
Ok ,Thx .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »
 I agree with Nimble,the roll axis is best set to a 100% sensitivity,maybe just a touch of dampening so your not fighting to say level on the roll axis. The reason is simple,rolling doesnt inpart much G force so it doesnt srub off "E",that and the fact your turn is started with a roll make a responsive roll axis a positive thing.

OTH the yaw and pitch axis both scrub "E" so if your heavy handed you might want to adjust those axis accordingly.Ghosth excellent post show afew of the different variations you can use.

If you fly 1 plane all the time you can even setup your stick for just that plane,beware tho it might make other plane difficult to handle. I'd highly suggest you spend some time in the TA or offline and experiment with the settings,using 1 axis at a time till you find what works best for you.

If you really mess it up,you can always set it back to default and start again.... ya been there done that. :devil

:salute

PS: look me up in the TA and I'll gladly assist anyone with stick setup if need be.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
Dead band on the Rudder axis in twisty sticks is very important. Doing straight aileron rolls is far less energy consuming than aileron rolls with a bit of rudder mixed in by accident. It also helps cut down on nose bounce when adjusting for a dead six shot.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X