Author Topic: Game Crash and un-crash  (Read 232 times)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Game Crash and un-crash
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
Last night I had a new event, twice, that was almost like what I consider a typical game crash.

The typical crash goes like this.  The screen freezes up.  If there is any voice, a second or so will loop several times.  Then black screen.  Then it drops to Windows XP with a Send/Don’t Send box with something about V-whatever (sorry, I didn’t write it down.)  I close that box and restart Aces High uneventfully.

Last night, all of the above happened. But the game popped back up by itself and I was able to fly normally.  The first time, I was returning to base in a flight of bombers.  When the game popped back up, my drones were gone, but I landed the single ship without incident.

The second event was in a fighter.  After the hiccup, another normal landing.

The Send/Don’t Send box was still there when I reduced Aces High.  If I recall, it said something about reporting it to ATI.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Game Crash and un-crash
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

Last night, all of the above happened. But the game popped back up by itself and I was able to fly normally.  The first time, I was returning to base in a flight of bombers.  When the game popped back up, my drones were gone, but I landed the single ship without incident.

This is what happens to me. Except when I finally get back into the cockpit, it looks like the picture I posted in the other post.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)