Author Topic: Does anyone else get upset when a fight ends like this?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Does anyone else get upset when a fight ends like this?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
Ki61 is a great plane.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Instead of "Ki-61" I also could have said "the enemy", which coincidentally happened to be in a Ki-61. This was no statement about that plane as such. :)

(I fought & lost vs Ki-61's more than once...)

having seen snailman in action in the ma, he probably only died twice.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
having seen snailman in action in the ma, he probably only died twice.

I died 21 times to Ki.61's since tour 70.
But the reason for that relatively low number is very simple: It's a very rare bird (I also have killed only 88 of them over the years), and I usually fly fast planes, so I can simply run away... errr... extend most of the time.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Nice kill Filth. Gotta love twin engine, center-line gunned beasties :D

S!
regards,
a mossie dweeb
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 02:14:37 AM »
MadKow managed to plop his face into the wing of my Lancaster with his 262 during Frame 1 of The Final Battle as well. :D I can't wait to see the logs for this one...I've been rammed by three people in two frames, two of them jets.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »
MadKow managed to plop his face into the wing of my Lancaster with his 262 during Frame 1 of The Final Battle as well. :D I can't wait to see the logs for this one...I've been rammed by three people in two frames, two of them jets.

you got it wrong, it was your LANC who rammed the 262's. too fat, too heavy and always in the way.
no wonder RAF pilots are only second best to the luftwaffle.  :x :x :x :x :x

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »
You guys must have crap 262s if our Lancaster formations can outmaneuver them (and hence your excuse). Might wanna get your fancy German engineers working on that. :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
Logs for frame 1 and 2 are already posted. It couldn't have been me that rammed you. Only 262 I lost all battle was to a vulch on landing.

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
Logs for frame 1 and 2 are already posted. It couldn't have been me that rammed you. Only 262 I lost all battle was to a vulch on landing.

It was. On egress from the first sortie. I instinctively click Cancel on the save film dialog, so I missed that chance. I never saw you go down, but you were leaking something and you went away, which is what I was hoping for. :D

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
      Let me tell you how this went.

Me, MGD, Magic, and Matelot took off in ki61s to bomb a base. We hit the town and engaged low b17s. Enemy fighters attacked us as we were low and slow just trying to pop the 17s. We got a couple, then I got killed. I figured MGD was dead meat in a few minutes. I upped at a base that was capped in a 110G to try to help clear them out.

After a few minutes and dying a couple times, I hear MGD say hes still trying to make it back. He had a 109k on him that had made multiple attacks and wasnt hitting him, but that MGD was out of ammo. So I figured Id go out and see if I could clear MGD so he could land. He never asked for help, and it appears he didnt need it after so many attempts.

When I get there, here comes MGD with the K in tow, so me being the luvin type in the 110G, send out a stream in front of him and he ran into it. He goes in missing something important. Then I get the inevidible "Filth you're an idiot/retard" comments on 200.

Sorry Madkow, you better learn to kill your target quicker, and respect the nose of the 110G, as you KNOW whats coming. You had your chance in that fight long before I showed up. Spend more time practicing and less running your mouth and bothering the kind citizens of these boards with your pent up anger.

XOXO

V See sig line below V

pwn
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB