Author Topic: Not much moves me  (Read 523 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Not much moves me
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Not much moves me
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
In jail for 35 years and he gets a slap on the back with a "Have a nice life" gesture.....bet the "victim" is reflecting on his role in that.

Strip

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
The victim was 9 years old at the time of the assault. Pretty young age to go through that kind of trauma and most definitely something to shake any memories he would have of the incident.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
 As he was jailed and found innocent they must now pay him a life ! And lawyers will line up for this one for a big pay day . He also deserves it .
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:57:35 PM by Skuzzy »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:57:43 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »
"Describe to us the moment the judge said to you, your free?"

"Well to be honest I was upset and heartbroken"

What any other answer would that reporter be expecting with a question like that!?

Its like walking over to a kid who just snapped his leg in two places and asking "Are you ok?"
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »
Seems to me, if the police had his picture to show the kid, with a suspicion he might be involved, he must have been a criminal before this incident.  So, he did time for something he didn't do, but maybe he would have committed other crimes.  Either way, it's a shame he lost all those years unfairly.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:56:56 PM »
So, he did time for something he didn't do, but maybe he would have committed other crimes.  Either way, it's a shame he lost all those years unfairly.

Crappy attitude.  "Gee, he's not guilty of this crime but damn it, I'm sure he's guilty of some other crime!"  Even the original prosecutor was horrified that he put an innocent man in jail.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
Seems to me, if the police had his picture to show the kid, with a suspicion he might be involved, he must have been a criminal before this incident.  So, he did time for something he didn't do, but maybe he would have committed other crimes.  Either way, it's a shame he lost all those years unfairly.
Im a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. Maybe if he never went to prison he might have died or ended up killing someone. But one thing is for sure, hes a very strong man now

He can now live his life in peace.
If you havent been to prison and seen and heard what goes on in there. i dont want to hear "but maybe he would have committed other crimes." Step inside those walls for one day.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:59:35 PM by BiPoLaR »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »
"Gee, he's not guilty of this crime but damn it, I'm sure he's guilty of some other crime!" 

ack-ack

Gee, the way you put that you must be an angry man.  I an surprised you are convicting the man that way though.

I just pointed out the obvious without the hindrance of liberal tears clouding my vision.   The guy had a mug shot on file, he wasn't a saint.    And as I said, it is a shame he did time for a crime he didn't do. 
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"