Author Topic: Looking for mostly GV squadron  (Read 568 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Looking for mostly GV squadron
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »
I have been doing Aces High for two months now as a Bish. I seam to enjoy GV's more than flying. I am looking to join a squadron that does GV's and flying. I have been asked to join by a few different squadrons, but they are mostly 100% flyers. I also enjoy the learning part of this game. Most guys are great on the Bish side and are willing to give me tips and hints along the way. They make me a part of whatever mission that's taking place even if I am not their squad.
This is a great game. My wife doesn't think so on some Saturday nights when I am up till 1:00am playing. I can fly fairly well, just cannot seem to to win very many one on one dog fights. My opponent always gets the best angle and kills me. This is something that I really want to learn how to do.

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Re: Looking for mostly GV squadron
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »
Don't be discouraged by lack of success in 1v1 air combat. This is a difficult game, and you are still well into the range (only 2 months) when you can safely be called, well, a "noob". The good news is that many are willing to help. The bad news is that not everyone who is willing to help is giving you the best advice possible. Many people who stick to GV's throughout their AH tenure are, and will admit to being, poor air combat pilots. And vice versa for air combat pilots. The game is simply too complex, and real life time restraints too demanding, for many to become truly proficient in both GV's and fighters.

(Disclaimer - Yes I know there are SOME INDIVIDUALS who are very good in both. I'm making a generalization)

My point is, if you join a very heavily GV squad, don't take all the ACM (air combat manuever) advice you take as golden. In fact, some of it may be downright incorrect. I only point this out because, from your post, you seem to be looking for the best of both worlds, which is good, but I'd recommend seeking out an official trainer (http://trainers.hitechcreations.com) for your desire to learn ACM. Good luck, seems like you have the right attitude and good start to your addiction. Welcome to AH.

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »
sky, find me in the MA some time and give me a PM, I'll hook you up with us, we do both gving and flying, and we can help you get better in a fighter too, you just need a couple of buddies to fly with in a fighter to give you some help when ya need it and then return the favor, you'll have a 100% better time flying together than alone.

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
GO JETS :airplane:
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Check your PM's Sir.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
I have been doing Aces High for two months now as a Bish. I seam to enjoy GV's more than flying. I am looking to join a squadron that does GV's and flying. I have been asked to join by a few different squadrons, but they are mostly 100% flyers. I also enjoy the learning part of this game. Most guys are great on the Bish side and are willing to give me tips and hints along the way. They make me a part of whatever mission that's taking place even if I am not their squad.
This is a great game. My wife doesn't think so on some Saturday nights when I am up till 1:00am playing. I can fly fairly well, just cannot seem to to win very many one on one dog fights. My opponent always gets the best angle and kills me. This is something that I really want to learn how to do.

sky i have some of the best GVers in my squadron. however i also have some dam good sticks and trainers as well for when the time is right you can start training to dog fight
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »
The 81st KrEwSaDeRz just added a gv wing and we need gvers so tune to our vox 188 if your ever on the rooks
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"