Author Topic: Rolling arena  (Read 348 times)

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
Rolling arena
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:09:08 AM »
I heard this idea on vox the other day, and didn't see it posted in here anywhere (at a glance at least) but I thought it was a good idea.

'Rolling arena' would be an arena that started the beginning of the month as an early war arena, and then through the course of the month become a late war arena.

Like I said, not my idea, but I would fly the arena.

Modeus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Rolling arena
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:11:48 AM »
Known as "Rolling Plane Set", or RPS.  Many people for it, many against it.  My guess is you'll never see it in Aces High.

Too many people want to fly their late war uber-planes, so they would have to wait until the end of each month to play.  HTC would never shoot themselves in the foot like that and risk losing a large client base.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »
Why would they need to?? I wasn't saying replace the early war/mid war/late war arena's... simply in addition to. Then the guys who want the late war planes still go to the LW arena.

Modeus

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:25:05 AM »
Unless it replaced the existing arenas, you could accomplish almost the same experience by flying the first 10 days in the EWA, the next 10 days in the MWA and the last 10 days in a LWA.  So long as the LWAs are an option, they will get the lion's share of players and a rolling planeset would only be competing for the players in the EWA and the MWA until it too was a LWA.

Also, HiTech said it won't happen.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
Karnak makes sense, but I like the idea so..... +/- 1  :D
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."