Author Topic: We have is so much better than I thought  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: We have is so much better than I thought
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »
I also came from WB when Doomed did.  We were all part of the best, most deadly Luftwaffe Squadron in the game, JG27.  WB's lost our entire squad (20 of us) when we migrated to Aces High.  We knew this game was here for a long time but as HiTech stated we stayed there because of the camaraderie we felt, and because of the Sunday event they hold.  The "straw that broke the camels back" for most of us was the last update where US planes were substantially upgraded and the Luftwaffe stuff was left to rot.  This is a better place.  There is more to AH and more pilots flying.  There is plenty of room for everyone here to fly as they interpret the game.  I was the last of my squad to come over, there was virtually no Luftwaffe left and even though I prefer to be the underdog, it had become absurd.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
I remember when this very websight was nothing but a simple front page basically telling people to "stay tuned" for something special.  That lasted for the better part of a year and a half.  The day AH went public I dropped WBs in a NewYorkMinute.  Never could understand why anyone would want to stay there after having experienced the slide into wallowing mediocrity once the senior development teams bailed out to create their own businesses.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
I think it's time to cross recruit, get to work Skuzzy and Pyro  :lol offer them 3 months free to switch over to AH.  Of course they could do the same thing but we know were not leaving  :aok

Won't work...at least not for me.

Nothing wrong with AH, I played for a couple months and had a good time but the squad and friends are still in Warbirds.

And new guys don't get treated as badly as some may want you to think. <G>
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
Won't work...at least not for me.

Nothing wrong with AH, I played for a couple months and had a good time but the squad and friends are still in Warbirds.

And new guys don't get treated as badly as some may want you to think. <G>
Yeah, Warbirds is great for people with bad vision and those who don't like change...but then you have to put up with bases in the middle of small towns where the runway runs through the local church...let's not forget the graphics that haven't been updated since, well, I have yet to find anything that says they were updated since the original release...and my favorite feature, the used Q-tip looking trees that are planted firmly 50 feet above the ground that you can fly under and sometimes through...and that is the only vegetation you have.

After only a few months paying too much for too little, I couldn't stand it.

How exactly do you repackage a turd and try to tell potential customers they can get 2 free weeks to fly in the public toilets when the main website from 1997 still shows you get 30 days free? And the turd you download off the website has more to it than the turd you get charged for in the store.

That fellas is WildBills expertise...he can take packaged crap, make the blind see it as new and get people who don't know any better to buy it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
Actually I said that as a joke but everyone took me serious sry
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Bradman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
I remember when this very websight was nothing but a simple front page basically telling people to "stay tuned" for something special.  That lasted for the better part of a year and a half.  The day AH went public I dropped WBs in a NewYorkMinute.  Never could understand why anyone would want to stay there after having experienced the slide into wallowing mediocrity once the senior development teams bailed out to create their own businesses.

I went the other way. I went from WB to WWIIOline when they went live. I stayed with them until they implemented that stupid brigade spawning bs. I'm thinking of trying them out again after their beta goes live. I miss strafing soldiers at FBs in my 110  :joystick:

I don't pay much attention to who is who in the dev world so what if any connection does AH owners have with WWIIOnline owners?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
I don't pay much attention to who is who in the dev world so what if any connection does AH owners have with WWIIOnline owners?

IIRC, HiTech created Warbirds along with Pyro. He had significant partners in WB like John “killer” MacQueen and Robert "gunjam" Salinas and one other I think.

When the team broke up at WB, HT and Pyro went on to AH, Killer and Gunjam went to Cornered Rat and did WW2OL.

That's my faded memory of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 10:27:21 PM »
HT struck gold with the Furball Island in the DA.  

Totally agree, Mars.

I've been away 2 years or so since a computer meltdown. I really enjoyed tangling with you at Furball Island last night.

For the guys that live for the fight it is a great feature. It's not whether you can escape a furball with lots of scalps while there is a continuous feed of new enemies; usually that's hard to do. It's the quality of the fights and the number of quality fights that count. Yeah, you get picked by the guys that have to fly the late war monsters; there will always be that. The key though is that per minute of time spent, you have far more quality engagements than you would in the MAs.

I have a feeling the WW1 setup is going to be similar, with high quality FMs and little strat. It should draw mostly guys that like to fight.

Things are looking bright.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »
<<S>> Toad yeah it's fun I think I saw you in there last night.  Welcome to fly knight was me next time  :cheers:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
Not sure how WB compares....never was there. After reading this post I went over and checked the main arena forum...(curious to see what they bitcch about)
Recent post asking is there was a way to rearm the plane without exiting the plane. WOW are they really this far behind?
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>