Author Topic: New Thrustmaster Problem  (Read 235 times)

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
New Thrustmaster Problem
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:34:34 AM »
While there a lot of Q&A for the TM stuff, I haven't been able to locate my particular problem in here. So here it is: just bought the T.Flight HOTAS. I like it, but have not been able to assign any function to the rocker switch on the front of the throttle. In 4-axis mode the default setting is supposed to be the rudder fine tuning, but it doesn't even do that. (I use the 5-axis mode anyway) I MAY not have followed the setup instructions to a T. What I would like to do is assign the RPMs +&- to it. So far when I press the rocker switch while I'm in mapping mode in aces high, there is no response for the rocker only. All other buttons map just fine. Any useful suggestions or ideas out there?

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Thrustmaster Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:04:51 AM »
I have an older version of it, but I guess the basics are the same. You can't assign on-off functions, because there is no switch, just a pot. The centering makes fine tuning use impossible. I've experimented with several functions besides the obvious rudder. It seems to work with some view settings like moving back and forth, or left to right in the cockpit, although the centering may not work properly. It would probably also work like the x- or y-axis of the stick but that wouldn't be handy. For fine tuning an axis you'd need a pot which will stay in the position you roll it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: New Thrustmaster Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
If the rocker shows up as an analog control you should be able to assign zones as button presses.