Author Topic: WWI  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
WWI
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »
WOW
did The WWI AC today HOLY BLEEEEEEEEP.
  Those are fun to fly. Perhaps a WWI set up w no icons  for one of the upcoming weeks ??
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: WWI
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
The WWI aircraft ARE available to the AvA.  Maybe a WWI AvA setup is in our future... :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline WMGambit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »
Flew in there for awhile...fun but boring.  Guys, can we keep the following we have picked up recently and get some other campaigns in before we start planning for WW1 stuff???  I just think that it will be a bad idea to start planning WW1 stuff when were finally getting something going.   :salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:25 PM »
Flew in there for awhile...fun but boring.  Guys, can we keep the following we have picked up recently and get some other campaigns in before we start planning for WW1 stuff???  I just think that it will be a bad idea to start planning WW1 stuff when were finally getting something going.   :salute
Agreed 110%...not a good idea to jump on the WWI aircraft this soon...there are a lot of people who may not have had time to get in with the current WWII settings this week and are planning to get on this weekend or have been hedging but want to do something right when the change is made...besides there are enough arenas with WWI aircraft now...let the rush die and see what pans out for interest before stopping a trend that just got started.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline WMGambit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
Agreed 110%...not a good idea to jump on the WWI aircraft this soon...there are a lot of people who may not have had time to get in with the current WWII settings this week and are planning to get on this weekend or have been hedging but want to do something right when the change is made...besides there are enough arenas with WWI aircraft now...let the rush die and see what pans out for interest before stopping a trend that just got started.

:aok :aok :aok

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »
Actually, everyone wants to try the WWI planes atm. Why not let them in the AvA until it wears off.

Same setup as the current midway, but WWI planes on the avasml09 terrain, the bases are close enough together. :D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »
Actually, everyone wants to try the WWI planes atm. Why not let them in the AvA until it wears off.

I think its a good Idea but im not the only one.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,285185.0.html

Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »

Same setup as the current midway, but WWI planes on the avasml09 terrain, the bases are close enough together. :D

WW1 in the AvA works very well :aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:01:32 PM »
Slash is a machine in those Fokkers. He's pretty much destroyed the whole RAF by himself.
As for me.. I'll be glad when this WWI stuff has run its course. Just not my cup.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 02:52:07 AM »

I'm digging the Fokker :devil