Author Topic: Do you ever get dizzy?  (Read 996 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: Do you ever get dizzy?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:11:30 PM »
An ex squaddie of mine(NEXX) had to quit the game because of this.(check out his AH Skins)..It's called "vertigo"...It is real.

GL
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
milk of magnesia i think helps?
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 10:14:13 AM »
Dramamine did the trick. Although I only tried it once so far (last night) I noticed an immediate difference. Thanks to Shppr for letting me know. Thanks all who answered with serious helpful comments :rock

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
An ex squaddie of mine(NEXX) had to quit the game because of this.(check out his AH Skins)..It's called "vertigo"...It is real.

GL

Well, I didn't quite quit for that but I could never use 'snap' view because that would make me very sick & dizzy.  I couldn't never play 'Quake' like games, I'd be ill for a week.

How's it going SirLoin?  How's the old Hornets?
NEXX

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
Every once in a while I will be enroute to a base, and I well get a slight case of vertigo.  I know why it happens, because the terrain looks one way, like I am in a turn, and the Artificial Horizon is saying I am straight and level.  I do what we do in real planes, go on the guages, and fly the plane, and it goes away real fast.  In a plane once you get it it is harder to get rid of.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
For me it is joystick realted in AH.

I changed briefly to a Saitek and it made me dizzy when I flew.

Switched back to my trusty MS Sidewinder and all was well.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
I get that when I try to use Track IR while hungover.  While drunk though I'm fine.. go figure LOL

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
 :banana:
For all you flyers that get sick, please try the dramamine, it is so incredible at stopping the dizzies, vertigo, or whatever else name it's called. The main ingredient of this medicaiton (over-the-counter) and no prescription needed is, Meclizine. You can find it in practically any store, and just take one in the morning everyday. Even if you just feel dizzy without playing video games, it really does the trick. See you in the AH skies! :salute
 :airplane:

IrishBug

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
it can lead to very serious consequences....

WARNING - Seizures

•Some people (about 1 in 4000) may have seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns, such as while watching TV or playing video games, even if they have never had a seizure before.
•Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before playing a video game.
•Parents should watch when their children play video games. Stop playing and consult a doctor if you or your child have any of the following symptoms:

Convulsions
Loss of awareness
Involuntary movements   Eye or muscle twitching
Altered vision
Disorientation

To reduce the likelihood of a seizure when playing video games:
1.Sit or stand as far from the screen as possible.
2.Play video games on the smallest available television screen.
3.Do not play if you are tired or need sleep.
4.Play in a well-lit room.
5.Take a 10 to 15 minute break every hour.

as a legal matter..it may inure to the material detriment of an online game to fail to mention this somewhere/anywhere on their website.  I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread..and did some quick research. it's certainly food for declaimer...in our otherwise highly litigious society.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:21:39 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
as a legal matter..it may inure to the material detriment of an online game to fail to mention this somewhere/anywhere on their website.  I wasn't even aware of this until I saw this thread..and did some quick research. it's certainly food for declaimer...in our otherwise highly litigious society.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
There's one map (maybe two?) where the GVs sometimes spawn on the top of massive cliffs. I get spinny at those edges.  I usually just tower out & go somewhere else. 
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »
LOL what a bunch of girly men  :old:

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »
Yeah there was some cartoon in Japan years ago that had some combination of quick flashing colors that caused a whole bunch of kids to have a seizure while watching it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 10:04:01 PM »
Only when I'm cock-eyed drunk. But I do rock forward whenever I collide with the ground or another aircraft. Amazing what auto-suggestion makes you do, eh?

<hic>

:rolleyes:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF