Author Topic: Just a Thought  (Read 657 times)

Offline Minakove

• Zinc Member
Just a Thought
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
When i was playing last night, I just saw something that really made me think. I saw HiVolt and Thorn flying in formation, which in itself was cool, but then they broke to engage an enemy. The break was clean and perfectly synced (from my view). The Lead rolled and split-s and the left wing broke left... That was just sexy lol.  :aok

So i was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a little Flight Demonstration Event for the Squadrons. Just a little Fun event, and syncing would DEFINITELY be a neat trick considering how the lag-delay system works. I dunno, just fun stuff like Formation Demo's to REALLY showcase what you guys can do. By Formation Maneuvers i mean like when the Angels do maneuvers (like Barrel Rolls and Loops) that rotate around the FORMATION'S axis and not the individual planes.  :joystick:

I dunno, just a thought I think would be COOL to watch. That and Maybe instill fear in the enemy. :P

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
Re: Just a Thought
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
Sadly such things require a good organizer. We're so lucky to have BE doing the dueling tourney!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »
I remember, years ago, coming across two Bf110G-2s in perfect formation about two thousand feet below my Mosquito.  The trailing ship burst into fire and losing a wing about a second before the lead ship exploded under the hail of 20mm fire I sent into it.

It felt so right, a Mossie killing its traditional prey.  :P  Only thing that would have made it better is if it had been at night.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
I remember, years ago, coming across two Bf110G-2s in perfect formation about two thousand feet below my Mosquito.  The trailing ship burst into fire and losing a wing about a second before the lead ship exploded under the hail of 20mm fire I sent into it.

It felt so right, a Mossie killing its traditional prey.  :P  Only thing that would have made it better is if it had been at night.

cannon dweeb picktard... lol jk had to say it
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

They were probably so busy jabbering they weren't using good SA.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
The HA's attempted this for awhile about 2 years ago. The problem was that the distance I saw on my screen was much different then Rolex, Condor, Duke, etc, etc were seeing on theirs. If I was wing tip to wing tip from my point of view, Rolex would see me about 20 to 30 feet back.   :furious

My films and his of the same event were quit different.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
In Dawn of Aces, Geff, one of the trainers,used to run an aerobatics competition in the training arena and CAS and I used to do a formation aerobatics show. Formation is easier in AH, the net is smoother, but even with only 2 aircraft it's a lot of work.

Here's a link that shows what is possible using LOMAC.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
Bucky nailed it, you'd have to have guys with a very good connect to HTC.

Lag plays heck with truly tight formation flying.

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
The 2A's fly formation alot. We used to do it more regularly in the TA, and we put on a pretty good show.  I lost my good computer and my new one blows chunks so I cant get into a big gaggle, hell I can barely dive bomb, my graphics are so bad.  I will be getting a new pooper soon, and we will get back into the formation thing.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.