Author Topic: VH supplies not repairing tank  (Read 599 times)

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
VH supplies not repairing tank
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »
Lsat night , while attacking an enemy base, My tank was tracked and I ran short of ammo. a squadmate dropped me supplies and I used a box. My ammo was replenished but my track was not repaired? Additional boxes did nothing!
Flying since tour 84

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
Re: VH supplies not repairing tank
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »
This has been going on for several weeks and it seems that sometimes it does work and other times it does not. We have no definate response from the powers at be yet to if this is being addressed or not.  :pray  I do alot of Gv'ing and I go out with the new attitude of I can replenish ammo, but if I get tracked, rolled, or engine shot out, I am S.O.L., that way if supplies do repair me, I can be joyous!  :neener:

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »
happened to me tonight in a tracked m3.someone else dropped the supplies.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
had this happen to me in a tiger, i was tracked and on a slight hill, picked up supplies and it fixed the tank enough to drive but still leaned over on the broken track side, as soon as i got to flat ground, it lugged down until it stopped, then it would not go any farther except in a circle, like if it was tracked completely! it was very weird, i knew of the supply problem but it had not happened to me before, it does add a new dimension to the game, I don't think i like it tho!
I have not seen or heard if this was a partially intentional  change or a complete mistake or problem of some kind, it would be nice to know! :noid
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
I could see maybe a delay in the amount of time before certain repairs are made, such as a track repair (most carry extra links to do repairs) but a motor shot could do serious damage and knock a tank out for awhile. Since we do not have any tank retrievers, it would be best to set up a time frame for repair to take place over, say 5 min upon receiving the supplies. In this situation, if my engine has been knocked out and not running, then maybe it would be best to cancel the smoking affect after a few minutes, so my position is not given away...

Either way it would be nice to get some higher ups to identify if this is part of the new damage models or not. (Skuzzy, Waffle, anyone??)   :cry

BTW, was reported fixed in 2.18 patch 2: "Fixed a bug that caused vehicle resupply to not work correctly."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:08:41 PM by Dr_Death8 »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
I could see maybe a delay in the amount of time before certain repairs are made, such as a track repair (most carry extra links to do repairs) but a motor shot could do serious damage and knock a tank out for awhile. Since we do not have any tank retrievers, it would be best to set up a time frame for repair to take place over, say 5 min upon receiving the supplies. In this situation, if my engine has been knocked out and not running, then maybe it would be best to cancel the smoking affect after a few minutes, so my position is not given away...

Either way it would be nice to get some higher ups to identify if this is part of the new damage models or not. (Skuzzy, Waffle, anyone??)   :cry

BTW, was reported fixed in 2.18 patch 2: "Fixed a bug that caused vehicle resupply to not work correctly."

You ever think after all the "why does a box of supplies fix a tank" threads that maybe this is the "fix"?  Supplies now resupply and no longer repair?

Just a thought....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »
You ever think after all the "why does a box of supplies fix a tank" threads that maybe this is the "fix"?  Supplies now resupply and no longer repair?

Just a thought....

wrongway
Well if that's the way they're going to do it shouldn't we get m3's with tow cables?

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
Wrongway, I do agree with it that is why I was posting, the only issue is that the supplies fixing the vehicles no matter what, has been the norm as long as I remember and it would be nice to have it clarified by the powers at be.  :angel:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:01:15 PM by Dr_Death8 »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »
Exactly, if this is the new standard that is ok, but if it is, it would be nice to know ahead of time! that's why i doubt that it is a fix and instead a problem with the game, the lack of an answer either way is however confusing, as we almost always get some kind of a reply in this type of situation!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »
Exactly, if this is the new standard that is ok, but if it is, it would be nice to know ahead of time! that's why i doubt that it is a fix and instead a problem with the game, the lack of an answer either way is however confusing, as we almost always get some kind of a reply in this type of situation!

They won't say.  They never do.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay