Author Topic: Strange behavior with the 109G14 with the new patch  (Read 999 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Strange behavior with the 109G14 with the new patch
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
Ardy...the answer in in the release notes

you will have to read all of them starting with the first patch when ww1 came out.

its there i promise u. I have read it myself

its about the elevator not the rudder

The release notes, is that the info listed on the information page associated with every patch? Or is there a txt file that goes into more depth?

The possible things I found were...
    "The large spinning mass of these engines makes gyroscopic precession a large factor in how these planes fly. With the clockwise rotating engines of these planes, a pitch up movement will create a yaw to the right, a pitch down movement will create a yaw to the left, a yaw to the left will create a pitch down and a yaw to the right will create a pitch up."
   This only applies to rotary engines correct (Which a 109 does not have)?

"Fixed a bug that caused transsonic effects not to kick in at that part of the flight envelope."
   Transonic stuff only happens when I'm going close to the sound barrier correct?

"Horizontal stabilizers can now be destroyed independently of each other."   
   I wasn't missing any parts, so my elevator was not busted nor was I missing half of it.

I'm guessing that there is a text file with each release or something with more info....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:00:04 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »
The release notes, is that the info listed on the information page associated with every patch? Or is there a txt file that goes into more depth?

The possible things I found were...
    "The large spinning mass of these engines makes gyroscopic precession a large factor in how these planes fly. With the clockwise rotating engines of these planes, a pitch up movement will create a yaw to the right, a pitch down movement will create a yaw to the left, a yaw to the left will create a pitch down and a yaw to the right will create a pitch up."
   This only applies to rotary engines correct (Which a 109 does not have)?

That I believe was in reference to the rotary engined WW1 kites.

"Fixed a bug that caused transsonic effects not to kick in at that part of the flight envelope."
   Transonic stuff only happens when I'm going close to the sound barrier correct?

This I believe is in reference to the bug with planes like the P-38 that were able to exceed their dive speeds without any negative effects.

"Horizontal stabilizers can now be destroyed independently of each other."   
   I wasn't missing any parts, so my elevator was not busted nor was I missing half of it.

That addition was part of the new damage model that was introduced in the WW2 arenas

I'm guessing that there is a text file with each release or something with more info....

Usually the patch notes posted on the forums contains the same information as the patch notes in the text files.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:51 PM »
Maybe my rudder pedals are failing, but often it feels like the rudder controls are sticking when I'm in a violent fight, almost like I'm constantly giving full right rudder. Has anyone else noticed this when your flying slow and aggressively? It appears to have started with the latest patch for me.

Thanks
Ya ardy sumtin is wrong with the G14, Ive been landing kills up the yang today...WOOT!! i usually dont fly the 109s any good lol i see nothing wrong with it.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!