Author Topic: Madden once said he was the best football player in the NFL  (Read 351 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Madden once said he was the best football player in the NFL
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
Madden also recognized Walter Jones in numerous broadcasts as the best Left Tackle in the NFL and possibly the best of all time.

Argueably the best tackle in NFL history, Walter Jones retired today as was his Jersey by the Seattle Seahawks.

9 time pro bowl selection, 180 games starting, 9 holds in his career.

<S> Walter, we never had to worry about the blind side with you on the field.

Walter Jones Highlights
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:30:47 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Madden once said he was the best football player in the NFL
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
 :salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:14 AM »
He was a kick butt tackle and played along side a family friend for several seasons.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »
Yeah, good at his job, but I will save the salutes for those in the military who don't make millions, who leave their families for extended periods, risk their lives and too often die for our nation.  Too many today call professional athletes heros, and I don't agree.

Heros risk all for noble reasons, not millions.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:36 AM »
 :salute

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
Yeah, good at his job, but I will save the salutes for those in the military who don't make millions, who leave their families for extended periods, risk their lives and too often die for our nation.  Too many today call professional athletes heros, and I don't agree.

Heros risk all for noble reasons, not millions.

Maybe some of those guys in the military don't have a chip on their shoulder--I don't think Rip called him a "hero".  There's certainly nothing wrong with recognizing a great athlete for what he does, regardless of what's going on overseas.

/s/

Former military that's been overseas...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »
Maybe some of those guys in the military don't have a chip on their shoulder--I don't think Rip called him a "hero".  There's certainly nothing wrong with recognizing a great athlete for what he does, regardless of what's going on overseas.

/s/

Former military that's been overseas...

Please show me where I said Rip called him a hero.

I am just getting disgusted with superficial people in this nation idolizing sports figures, rock starts, tv and movie actors like they are some kind of great hero worthy of hero-worship, all the while all but ignoring those who really are the hero's of our nation.

It's okay to respect a player, his abilities, achievements, and behavior in life when it is worth respect.  I just said I will save the salutes for those who risk all and those who gave all.  That's freaking well my right and my choice.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"