Author Topic: possible bug when tail is shot off  (Read 158 times)

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
possible bug when tail is shot off
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
When the tail section of the plane is shot off, the planes turns 90 degrees to the left and stays level as it falls from the sky. The thing is, it feels as if there is a propeller on the tip of the right wing changing the direction of flight towards that side of the plane.

The first two times this happened to me I was in a 109K4, I was in the middle of a furball a couple hundred feet off the ground when my tail was knocked off. Initially I thought my plane had no shot of surviving the fall, but a second before I was about to bail I noticed my plane was falling steadily to the ground without any sever loss of control. With a little bit of throttle work I was able to keep my plane level and actually ditch the plane. This is where the "invisible propeller" comes into play; when my plane rotated to the left, it continued on it's original course (Ex. original course = heading of 180, tail gets shot off plane rotates to heading of 90 but is still traveling 180). When it happened those two times I just marked it off as being lucky I was low the effects of missing a tail didn't kick in before I hit the ground and was slow enough to survive the fall.

But then it happened again today when I was playing in USRanger offline P40B vs A6M5 mission, and stupidly forgot to save the film to post it here. This time I was able to control my fall for about ~10 seconds, this time I was a couple thousand feet in the air and the Zeke ended up colliding with me so I don't know if I would have survived the fall this time. But I had the same effects once the tail was shot off, the plane rotated continuing on its original path while floating down at a low rate of descent.

Sorry if grammar is off, I'm a bit tired and didn't proof read it. :o The next time this happens to me I'll make sure to save the film.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.