Author Topic: x52 Pro moded for simpit  (Read 1150 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Re: x52 Pro moded for simpit
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
That an old car seat? Looks nice Baumer :salute
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 02:18:54 AM »
Krusty,

There were flat spots in the shaft where the micro switches made contact. I built up those areas with epoxy and used a Dremel to shape it properly.

Ooooh... Excellent tidbit there! I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for that in the future (I'm a heavy hat user, prefer it for views)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 02:35:23 AM »
Nice shoes  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:43 AM »
Nice work  :aok you are so close do you plan to continue with the build ? it's pretty addictive isn't it  :lol
I wont post a pic in your thread but take a look at mine http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284150.30.html I plan on extending my center stick from the floor but haven't got that far yet.
I can build em better than I can fly em
http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/hotwire_2009/?

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 08:15:06 AM »
Very Cool!  Love the seat, I have the same seats in my CJ5..  Honda Prelude GT with rally interior.. You can tell by the stripe pattern on the seat cover...  Firm but still cushy, nice side bolsters keeps your butt planted, not that it matters in front of a computer screen, lol!

Great rig, and great seat choice too!  :aok

Q; Have you thought about using a bigscreen(I see yes), but moving it so the onscreen inst panel is in the correct place, just in front of your knees? And then the Canopy hoop spans your simpit fully from left to right, as it should.. Then integrate your simpit directly into the big monitor?  After all, with a simpit, you are really trying to "blur" the real world, into the virtual world, right?
Some ppl dont care to have the screen that close, but it looks like your pit would be ROCKIN with that 1 to 1 scale view added!
I use my 47in that way, it is major league immersion! Sucks you right into the game!  For your rig, It would be PERFECT :rock 

:salute great work!
RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"