Author Topic: Stuck in UP view  (Read 367 times)

Offline bil47

• Zinc Member
Stuck in UP view
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
My hat switch views are sticking since the last update 2.19-0 and 2.19-1. When I first get into an arena everything looks fine, but if I pan around and then look up all subsequent views appear as though I'm holding kp5 and panning. I can't get the up view to toggle back to level.
Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for any comments or help.
---Bill Mitchell

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
Re: Stuck in UP view
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »
Do your frames skip to zero? If im not mistaken, it might have something to do with your graphics card, not being able to handle the changing view, but I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this problem. It could just be lag.
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline bil47

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »
I think I found my problem. I use ATI CCC to launch AH so that my over clocking setting will be utilized. Apparently I had to re-identify aceshigh.exe as the launchee as it was executing some other version. The other version CCC saw only loaded some of my controllers. The throttle, of which the up view is assigned, was only partially enabled causing some functions to conflict with weird outcomes. Every thing is back up to speed now.
As is my luck, I blew off another toe.

Thanks

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
As is my luck, I blew off another toe.

??

Is that some phrase of which I'm somehow ignorant? 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »
I'm having this same problem, but I'm not overclocking, not running anything weird and I'm not running radeon.

When I push the hat switch that I have assigned to the look front up it locks in that position like it's a latched command and resets itself to the base view.  No other views on the look up hat function.  All are still correctly bound in game.  Hitting ESC returns my view to normal.  Sometimes it also brings up the clipboard, sometimes not.

Also, my view was consistently sent askew when loading vehicle supplies.  Changing positions and returning to the gun was the only way to fix it.

Any ideas?
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
I'm having similar trouble, and so are a few of my squad mates.   My sticking view happens to be the rear view.  Any direction I look, suddenly the rear view becomes my default view.   Happens in multiple planes, online & offline, etc.  Only way to reset it is to hit the rear view key.

I can minimize the hassle by cycling through a bunch of views on the runway.

Last thing the happened wierd was suddenly my right side view became the default view.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
??

Is that some phrase of which I'm somehow ignorant? 

Possibly referring to shooting oneself in the foot.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bear69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
I had the same issue too but only during 1 episore where my joystick was having some weird problems like firing constanlty as well.  once i restarted the game it went away.

Bear69
Bear

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »
The problem has somehow corrected itself.  I did nothing to affect this.  I can currently report no abnormal software behavior. 
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net