Author Topic: GV mountain rolling  (Read 605 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
GV mountain rolling
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »
A few days ago during a fun GV fight i saw an allied Tiger roll up to a mountain edge on its left side, tapped the mountain, and suddenly he barrel rolled counter clockwise until his turret was on the mountain at an angle of -70 degrees from the Y-axis. I didnt video it but is there a possibility HTC can stop this Hill rolling problem? I actually almost had the same problem in a sherman earlier that day by rolling alongside the new GV hills with my right side to the hill and my sherman started rolling clockwise into the hill. i pulled out before i got rolled too far.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
Re: GV mountain rolling
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »
I saw this happen as I was at the same fight.  Unfortunately I had to shoot said Tiger.  This can also happen parking near trees or barns.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:36:48 AM »
at least im not the only one who noticed this :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
at least im not the only one who noticed this :aok

Nope you're not the only one and this has been going on for a long long time.  I've had to ditch many times after just nudging against a tree or bldg or bush.  Normally the GV will roll a few times and stop upside down.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
this is different. nothing to do with any trees or bushes...the HILL ITSELF made the tiger flip. and like i said, the tiger rolled counter-clockwise INTO the hill that was on the left. so in the end it rolled 70 degrees approx until the turret was on the hillside
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline speak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:53:40 AM »
this is different. nothing to do with any trees or bushes...the HILL ITSELF made the tiger flip. and like i said, the tiger rolled counter-clockwise INTO the hill that was on the left. so in the end it rolled 70 degrees approx until the turret was on the hillside

So, in theory it literally rolled UP hill?

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
So, in theory it literally rolled UP hill?
consider it a plane for a moment. it did a left turn barrel roll until the turret was on the hill. hard to describe, ill try to get a video
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »
HiTech, Waffle, Skuzzy... whoever.. here is a film of me the other day experiencing this same thing:

http://www.lca.ympsa.com/spinninginhill.ahf

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 06:44:32 AM »
HiTech, Waffle, Skuzzy... whoever.. here is a film of me the other day experiencing this same thing:

http://www.lca.ympsa.com/spinninginhill.ahf
thats EXACTLY what i witnessed and had happen to me. It felt like there was a void in the edge of the mountain and that video proved it. thanks tigger :aok (p.s. last night my tiger was tracked by a whirble and then tracked on the other side by a 190 rocket. I result was my tiger rolling over onto its turret and bouncing like a rabbit on steroids. I was in a town) yet again no video...
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
That's been happening as long as I can remember. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 01:35:03 PM »
That's been happening as long as I can remember. 

Yes, you are correct it has been happening for as long as all of us can remember... but with all of the quality improvements of the game being made lately (better graphics, better sound, better physics, better damage models, etc etc) it seems like this should be something that should be investigated as well.

I've never considered Aces High to be a perfect, bug-free game as I've understood that HTC is a small company.  I typically don't mind the bugs because the quality of game play more than makes up for it, however it seems like HTC is on a mission lately and this is just one more issue that may deter new customers from sticking around.

When they do decide to address these kinds of issues, I just hope that film goes on record with them and can be valuable to them finding and fixing the problems.