Author Topic: Wireless Keyboard  (Read 364 times)

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
Wireless Keyboard
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
What is the best wireless keyboard? Within reason. Like Quality, Distance, Battery Life, Etc. Thankyou Ketinkrad

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: Wireless Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:28:22 AM »
I've used several -Microsoft and Logitech - and I wouldn't recommend any of them for gaming.  There is a delay between the key press and the computers registration of the key press that while unnoticeable during regular office use is very frustrating when gaming, where a few milliseconds (or microseconds) difference between the key press and the computer's registration of the key press can easily disrupt the user's ability to response successfully to in-game events.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »
Don't waste a lot of money on one.. if you want to go wireless, I have to recommend the Logitech EX100 keyboard/mouse setup.  It's simple and no frills, and goes for about $30 just about anywhere (Although I got mine a couple years ago on sale 50% off for $15 at Target).

It worked fine, and the batteries would last for a couple of months or more, but it is definitely no-frills, and the batteries always seemed to fail at the most inopportune times.  I ended up going back to wired with a Razor Salmosa mouse (which I got cheap on clearance) and an $8 Microsoft "wired keyboard 600" which actually works great and feels very nice.  I gave my wireless setup to my dad who is still using it with no problems at all.

I just don't see a lot of value in these $80-100 and up keyboards and all that. They just have a bunch of buttons that you'll never use and look all cool and fine but really you'll likely never use them.

THIS KEYBOARD would be cool to have though...

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »
my office thought less wires would be great, biggest pain in the bellybutton ever and now we have a pile of wireless garbage.