Author Topic: Rudder pedals question  (Read 475 times)

Offline Mogi

• Copper Member
Rudder pedals question
« on: November 22, 2001, 05:01:00 AM »
Considering buying pedals, do they return the rudder to centre when you stop applying them like a twist grip or do you need to manually recenter the rudder when using pedals?

Thanks!

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Rudder pedals question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
CH rudder pedals are spring loaded to return to center and they have a sort of detent feel when ya get there!  :)

Offline SC-Mutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://skeletoncrew.ww1sims.com/home
Rudder pedals question
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
I have a pair of CH pedals that operate seperately, unlike the 'CH Pro' peds that work on a center pivot.

The pedals I'm running with my Saitek X-36 HOTAS, are an older pair of 'Thrustmaster RCS'pedals I found in a thrift store for a buck. They were in excellent shape, But when calibrating them on the newer faster machines (1st a Celeron 466, now, Athlon 1.0 ghz), I noticed that they caused some pretty hefty 'Spiking'. AH, or Windoze made no diff.
And that led to 'Stick Stirring', and Spins. (Not good)

After a bit o head scratching, I rationalised that My digital USB JS had a higher sampling rate than my Analog pedals. So I took a stab at my unscientific theory, that murkily states:  "If the stock 100k ohm potentiomiter is Analog, and spikey, Then a 250k ohm pot should read more like a digital rig"

So my $1.00 pedals, got a new $2.00 pot, It took all of 15 mins to solder the 2 wires and install it. Now she's smooth as a baby's butt.

(I wonder If I can adapt 'em ta USB???)

S!