Author Topic: EVIL Minds only, Please.....  (Read 4712 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: EVIL Minds only, Please.....
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2010, 04:49:40 PM »
still.....nothing.  

no sight of him on my porch...all bait cigar butts, full cigars, and even new pack of cigars with shiny lime green bic lighter have failed to attract him.

I didn't even bother rolling Vid last night.

He simply STOPPED....which is now...oddly..pissing me off even more.
The thinking was of course getting some video evidence several times (to show a pattern) before I launch into any devious pay-backs...or at the very least...a ""get in his face and give hime a come-to-Jesus talk"".

There is NO WAY he can see the Flip Video recorder from where it's positioned.

This is very much starting to feel like shark fishing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:51:44 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
Double post.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:10:31 PM by allaire »
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »
Maybe he or someone he knows reads the boards.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »
I have an idea for the OP: Put your cigars on a table or something by the door. Grab one, smoke it till you've had enough, open the door, and put it down.

Lets see what the little bastage stealing your cigars does then. If he comes into your house, sue his ass.

:headscratch:

Huh?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2010, 07:05:39 PM »
Instead of leaving his cigars outside, leave them on a table, or stand or something of the sort by the door. When he wants to go smoke, pick one up, got outside and smoke it.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
SPies in BBS too?! wth man. maybe end of the month food stamps n assistance will run out have patience. <S>
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »
Instead of leaving his cigars outside, leave them on a table, or stand or something of the sort by the door. When he wants to go smoke, pick one up, got outside and smoke it.

Ohhhhh.

You meant, "bring your butts inside and there won't be anything to steal."

I read it as, "leave the cigars inside and when the kid comes in your house to steal them, sue him."

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Fatboy26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2010, 05:17:58 AM »
You seem a little unfamiliar with the way things really work . He obviously has a sense of entitlement , or he would not be so brazen . How does the tresspassing law read where you live . A front yard even gated in most places would not qualify for a criminal charge <unless posted>. The value of the cigar would not be enough for a cop to mess with the paperwork . Any LEO's out there ? They would know better then I would . What charges and what penaltys ?

This may have been answered.  In most states trespassing is an infraction, similar to a traffic citation.  Fines and no jail time.  However, what he is doing can be considered burglary in some states, depending on how the definition reads in Florida's Revised Statutes (I only know Missouri and Louisiana).  I would take whatever evidence you have to your local police department. 

Pranks to get even are hilarious, most cops even agree, but....
You risk too much.  You may or may not be liable for criminal charges depending on how far you go, but you are always open to civil liability.  People can and will sue everyone for everything.   

If he starts up again you may be able to work with you local LEO's to catch him in the act.  But I would definitely take what you have to your PD and let them handle it because it could become a larger problem.  This is not legal advise, since I'm not a lawyer, just a suggestion to let the PD handle it.
Proudly campaigning (screaming, whining, begging, pleading) for the addition of the Me410 to AH2

Fatboy

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2010, 05:55:40 AM »
That's the last thing I would do . Don't need no cop's , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »

Ohhhhh.

You meant, "bring your butts inside and there won't be anything to steal."

I read it as, "leave the cigars inside and when the kid comes in your house to steal them, sue him."

wrongway

Works either way. He stops getting robbed (of old nasty cigar butts), and if the kid is that desperate, his parents get to pay bail.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
I'm waiting for some story on what happened. Has he really wisened up?

Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2010, 08:31:26 PM »
If you were in Texas, you could probably just shoot him for being on your property. Wish SC had the gun laws Texas does. We're not too far off, but Texas is where you want to be.

It's called 'Criminal Mischief After Dark'  you have the right to the use of deadly force on your property and, supposedly, you will not be prosecuted criminally.  However, as he has posted it publicly (and no insult intended to the OP) it's obvious that he doesn't, at this time, feel physically threatened.  Even were he not prosecuted criminally he could be sued civilly which could cost a fortune.

While I think the idea of buying a mounted rattlesnake and setting up a trip switch to play the sound of one getting ready to strike it's probably best just to notify the local SS and be done with it.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »
still.....nothing.  

no sight of him on my porch...all bait cigar butts, full cigars, and even new pack of cigars with shiny lime green bic lighter have failed to attract him.

I didn't even bother rolling Vid last night.

He simply STOPPED....which is now...oddly..pissing me off even more.
The thinking was of course getting some video evidence several times (to show a pattern) before I launch into any devious pay-backs...or at the very least...a ""get in his face and give hime a come-to-Jesus talk"".

There is NO WAY he can see the Flip Video recorder from where it's positioned.

This is very much starting to feel like shark fishing.

You might have scared him off, he may have planned on cooling it for a few days anyhow, not to push his luck. If he is a smart kid he will work out that the booty keeps increasing, if he can see your ash tray from his house, or see you plant the booty. One thing you have to remember about criminal behaviour, the bad guys get to plan before the good guys, everytime. Easy for him to stay one step ahead of you as he was plotting against you before you even knew about it. The one card in your hand is if he doesnt realise you've clocked him. If he suspects you know, he wont steal anymore.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.