Author Topic: 8/23/10  (Read 461 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
8/23/10
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:07:40 AM »
had some nice fights with guys last night. couldve done without some of the bad behavior, but they'll learn.....eventually. was a great night. thanks for the fights!  <S> to all that participated!

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
Re: 8/23/10
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »
had some nice fights with guys last night. couldve done without some of the bad behavior, but they'll learn.....eventually. was a great night. thanks for the fights!  <S> to all that participated!

<S> Jaeger1

Not sure what behavior you are referring to. If you are talking about mine and Wagger's Ch200 animosity it was friendly Banter (we have known each other for close to a year now). For those that don't know that fact it may have seem like we were in a pissing match with each other. If you are referring to the vulching, I don't generally vulch unless we are actually trying to take a base. I could care less about taking bases in the MA, I am not usually the "win the war" type. However, in the AvA last night as a squad we were trying to take bases, and had troops inbound everytime you guys tried to reup...so we vulched...(isn't that the point in the AvA to take bases force a win?). We eventually took 3 bases. Bases are 5miles apart it would have been easy for you to take off from a nearby base and still protect the ones we captured.

If we would have sat over a base and vulched for the sake of vulching...that is what I would consider "bad behavior...," however we didn't. I even made that clear in Ch200...

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:40:30 AM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
In this set-up, base taking is emphasized.

Everyone hates to be vulched but if someone is trying to take a base, they are going to do that to get their troops in.

Several times I managed to shoot a few troops in the air and on the ground to prevent/delay a capture.

Of course they are going to try to stop that.

It's just a catch 22, in a winnable scenario, folks are going to do what it takes to win.

I thought it was fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:49:05 AM by jimson »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
<S> Jaeger1

Not sure what behavior you are referring to. If you are talking about mine and Wagger's Ch200 animosity it was friendly Banter (we have known each other for close to a year now). For those that don't know that fact it may have seem like we were in a pissing match with each other. If you are referring to the vulching, I don't generally vulch unless we are actually trying to take a base. I could care less about taking bases in the MA, I am not usually the "win the war" type. However, in the AvA last night as a squad we were trying to take bases, and had troops inbound everytime you guys tried to reup...so we vulched...(isn't that the point in the AvA to take bases force a win?). We eventually took 3 bases. Bases are 5miles apart it would have been easy for you to take off from a nearby base and still protect the ones we captured.

If we would have sat over a base and vulched for the sake of vulching...that is what I would consider "bad behavior...," however we didn't. I even made that clear in Ch200...

not really sure who it was, and im not going to mention names even if i did. was fun last night. just making a point, and you have a valid point by taking the base! no harm, no foul! <S>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:35:35 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
not really sure who it was, and im not going to mention names even if i did. was fun last night. just making a point, and you have a valid point by taking the base! no harm, no foul! <S>

See you tomorrow!   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
See you tomorrow!   :rock

good luck my friend!

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
Yes...     I don't complain if I get shot down from a vulched field.   

Rule #1,  never up from a forward or vulched base.   Always come in from the rear.
If you don't observe rule #1,   don't complain.   War =  suppression.   

Excellent job guys  capturing 3 bases.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-