Author Topic: CH fighter stick cooley hat  (Read 1224 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Re: CH fighter stick cooley hat
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 07:00:36 AM »
Yeah, I can't sell it. My wife love's antique's so Im just putting to a more modern look. The sewing machine inside though still works btw. Theres some lamination problems though on the surface though. Can u believe someone actually threw it out. I found it with the top lamination basically gone, must have been sitting in a few rain storms. The cover though protected the sewing machine, and I oiled it, bought some bands, for the foot pedal to the sewing machine, and wallah, she sewed. Have all the bobbins, and some spare parts too. Wife really likes it.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
I was thinking the same thing Chalenge when I saw that pic.  Brought back a lot of memories of my childhood as my grandmother used to have the very same desk with the sewing machine attached.  I remember I used to sit at the desk and work the foot pedal to see how fast I could make the wheel spin on the end of the sewing machine.  Boy did that lead to a few smacks to the back of the head.  Sure is funny how I hadn't even thought about that old desk in probally 20 years, and yet the sight of it again made me remember those times like yesterday.....ahhhh yes memories.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:45:37 AM by bacon8tr »

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 01:00:15 PM »
I have mine set for foward up then the usual lf,l,lr,r,rr,r,rf views and I use one of the buttons on my ch throttle to modify all of those view to up forward, uplf, up l, etc and another button on the ch throttle to modify all of those views to down

I think that is what you are asking.

SALUTE
ab8aac/dmdchief/aac
out
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
Alright. How do you ch guys use your cooley hat with that thing clear up at the top of the stick?

(Image removed from quote.)

woody, i had a ch stick and it was too "chubby" for my hand, i couldnt reach the hat switches or buttons on top without it bein very uncomfy for me. i love my x52 pro! still use the CH rudder peddles though :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »
I used the 8 way hat as my views and on my throttle I used a 4 way thumb hat as my up and down views and flaps up and down. For the flaps I used the up and down motion of the hat and for the up view I used the forward motion and for the down view I used the rear motion. I had near all control options on my throttle and stick from CH Products. I had the toe breaks and rudder on the Ch Pro rudder controls.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
just some idea here, i have the 8 way hat set for views, i have trakir so i mostly use it in gv's.  the red button on top is to select secondary weapon, hard to reach, so i figure sec weapon is not used that often.  

left 4 way stick has my map (up), expand text (right), level flight (left), angle flight (down).  

right 4 way has wep(right), open bomb bay doors (left), and flaps up/down.

pinky switch fires secondary (usefull in il2's, 303's dont kill tanks)

botton right side is to fire primary (usefull to fire 303's few rounds mg's to make airplanes nervous)  

trigger fire all weapons.

"thumb" 4 way: talk range(forward), chanel (back), right/left are empty, coudnt figure out what else to add there.

rest of buttons I use are set up in my throttle, such as check six, pause/center trakir, zoom func, zoom in/out, look up.

I have different set up for gv's.

hope this helps or at least dont confuse you  :D.  I have set up my throttle/stick/pedals (pedals have wheel breaks) so i dont have to move hands away from keyboard other than to type or do seldom used things such as gear up/down, etc.

semp

Whats your setup for GVs?  Got CH stuff a while back and suffered from button overload... 3/4 of the buttons and hats were literally doing nothing.