Author Topic: T-shirt Art  (Read 1493 times)

Offline warphoenix

• Nickel Member
Re: T-shirt Art
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »
P-39 FREAK

B-26 Marauder driver

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
Need a play on words with "Jugs" IMO.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
Need a play on words with "Jugs" IMO.

How about two Jugs flying side by side and a caption that says, "Motorboat this"
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »
Cool stuff.  :aok

Maybe he can make me something with these:

(Image removed from quote.)

To bad its not on fire, lmao! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Strokes

Offline dud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »
I recently upgraded to a dedicated photo printer with a different set of inks and needed another test shot so I fired another pm off to BMathis. He graciously sent me 3 more images to try out now I'll try and decide which one to press and send him his own shirt to help me test out their durability of the image. Now I need to decide which one to do lol! Heck I like them all so it's going to be a tough decision. I do like the Jug idea, might try and expand on that idea some but my Photoshop/editing skillset are still quite limited at the moment. I'm a firefighter by trade,born of the WD40/Big Mother Freakin Hammer/Duct Tape fixes everything clan so all this computer stuff takes me time to learn lol!

Offline dud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 08:26:16 AM »

More of BMathis art put to cloth. The B25 has 10 "bachelor" wash cycles on it and the other has 1 wash cycle "by the instructions". The new printer and inks seem to make a difference, not to mention I added more heat and pressure to the second image.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
Nice  :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
nice again  :aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 10:10:50 AM »

Keep them coming ( love them )  :rock  :salute  :aok
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
Wow, Mathis's B25 looks awesome on that shirt. The black frame and the wings overlapping really make the pic stand out harmoniously.
 :aok
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline dud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 05:00:03 AM »
They are turning out pretty dang good and they seem to have a good durability, even after repeated hard washings. I'm gonna send BMathis a couple free shirts and let him be a product tester for me. lol! Next step will be to get a bulk ink system and the correct presses to do coffee cups and other assorted goodies. I'm learning this type of imaging (sublimation) as I go so I do a lot of test runs before anything is sold. Thanks for all the compliments so far! BMathis did all the hard work, I just put it on a shirt lol! :cheers:

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
Heck ya, those look great!!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 05:51:12 PM »
Those look like they have turned out pretty good, dud........
do you have a brand preference for the types of shirts?  is it that much more costly to get set up to do mugs? just curious...... looks like you are well on your way, though   :aok

It should be considered as i think its about time we had tshirt mug's and so forth available to buy. As i looked up Gamers.net and Aces High II was in the top 20 of online games. and most other big online games has memrebealia for sale.

HTC has in the past offered their own memorabilia, souvenirs, mugs, hats, shirts, mouse pads etc..... ( the 1st ever "Aces High Screen Shots Contest" .... HTC gave away Hats, T-Shirts & MousePads to those who got their pictures picked to be on the "Screen Shots" section of the Aces High Web Page.... somewhere one of the HTC peoples posted something along the lines of it eventually ended up costing more to offer than what was being order ... PLEASE Do not quote me on this to the word, though ... I beg you )

Yeah but it be good if you guys went in leage with HTC and offered them as any screenshot you like plus name and such.
I mean i would pay $5 say plus $2.99 for postage i mean it good extra revenue for HTC and yourselfs :)

I am speaking as a regular Ole player/patron like the rest of us and not as a Vol. Staff member here........ but that $7.99 total for a custom printed T-Shirt or coffee mug is just not worth the time and effort for someone to take this on , I would assume....... to me if it was me doing what "dud" is doing... those offerings of $5.00 a shirt + shipping would be like a slap in the face to me...... just my own personal view / feelings

I have hosted a CafePress store since 2003/2004? or earlier? and have offered custom stuff with game handles / squad patches & screenshots from he game....even AH Con T-Shirts ( with hitech's permission ) in the past.... and recently offered the same as a favor to Jordi for the 2010 Air Warrior Reunion, Jordi hosted in Indianapolis this year.... ( was all for Jordi, any profit went to pay Jordi back for what he paid out of his pocket, which he has not broke even yet ...... I simply just added which items asked to and added the art to what I was asked and the rest was left up to others completely )  

http://www.cafepress.com/Damned_AWPR  <----there is the on-line store weblink.....

the 2010 AirWarrior Reunion artwork on the merchandise was done by Frank "Gray Eagle" Williamson ( GE )

our Damned squad section has been removed outside of the single one shirt at this time...... but a great many Damned Squadmates have all kinds of jackets, shirts, tee shirts, coffee mugs, clocks, hoodies, boxer shorts.etc.... some with basic squad patch, some with front & back including their gameid( handle ) on the left front....etc..... I even did & offered back in 2004 custom orders to my squad as well as offered and did things thru this webstore for numerous other AH squads ...... some of them squads ended up making their own cafepress store ( a handful of AH squads still have their cafepress stores )....

sorry I rambled on.....

I appreciate all you do dud, and I am not trying to step on your efforts, sir....... but I do voice my opinion of the $5.00 Custom made tee shirt......
and then that maybe and probably is just a # that was pulled out of thin air with out the actual thought of what all it takes and is involved in making just one of these shirts, let alone 10 or 20 + of them......

I look forward to seeing more of your work, there is a market out there for it, for sure..... it is just undetermined how large or small that market is....

sorry, got carried away..... did not mean for this to be so long...

keep up the nice work, dud!!!   :aok :salute  :cheers:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:01:42 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:59:27 PM »
thrillkiller :P

I'd like one of a 51D in 332n'd colors avoiding a head on with any axis plane with a caption of 'avoid HO's at all costs' :D

Dang cool regardless gents :)

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline dud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
 They are turning out ok so far, still early in the process to really be able to tell their durability. As far as a brand preference, anything but Gildan, in my opinion, is a good choice. I work for a fire department full time and our department tees are Gildan and they suck so I won't even use them. About the best I have seen are Hanes Beefy Tees but they cost a lot more due to the way they are made.

I haven't started mugs yet (still gathering the correct equipment) but they should be a ball park estimate of $7 each before shipping. I can't really set a price until I figure out more of the ins and outs of sublimation. It's a different process that what I normally do so I have a lot to learn still. I started the side business as a sign/vinyl lettering shop and it's grown into clothing and now sublimation printing. I'm still hacking my way thru it all, learning and taking my lumps as I go.

I'd like to be able to offer $5 shirts with $3 shipping but there's no way. I recently sent 2 tees to Texas from Georgia and the shipping alone was $4.90 and thats not counting any imaging,t-shirt, or supplies. I seriously doubt the price will be lower than $10 each plus actual shipping. That was why I mentioned in one of the first posts that using a local shop would probably be best for most people here. Shipping alone is a price killer on most 1 off items.

As far as HTC offering memorabilia, yeah...it could certainly turn into a pain. Anything personalized, even if it's just a screenshot on a shirt, has so many ways to get screwed up. Wrong size shirt,wrong screeny to the wrong customer,ordered a shirt and got a mousepad, etc. All my business so far has been local, and I somehow manage to mess something up all the time, I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with a worldwide customer base.

If push comes to shove and someone really wants or needs a custom item made, and I can make it for them, I will. I'd be happy to help out in any way I could. Theres a lot to be said for running a shop out of a spare bedroom, with equipment thats all paid for, and doing it in one's spare time. lol!