Author Topic: SA  (Read 369 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
SA
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
I meant to post this earlier.

I don't know which regs fly FSO's or SEA's but I noticed last night that my ability to see a dot was WAY over the bar in the long view and my head was out of the plane substantially more than it was in.  I mistook a con once for a flight of buffs. Other than that I felt that both my vision and my SA was dramatically improved. 

Oldman was 100% correct as usual.  Attempting to fight a flight of BUFFS in a 202 is a great way to commit suicide.  But it was the only target I had at the time so.. um.. what's the German equivalent of 'Banzai'?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: SA
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
Attempting to fight a flight of BUFFS in a 202 is a great way to commit suicide. 

I once was able to shoot down a Lancaster with a 202.  Took a very long time.  Spoke to the guy afterwards, he said I'd killed his rear and top turret gunners so he couldn't fire back.  I've occasionally wondered how long after that it took before I was able to actually harm the plane.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
I once was able to shoot down a Lancaster with a 202.  Took a very long time.  Spoke to the guy afterwards, he said I'd killed his rear and top turret gunners so he couldn't fire back.  I've occasionally wondered how long after that it took before I was able to actually harm the plane.

- oldman

in lancs, my tail gun seems to be the first to go. that's when i let em in close, thinking they got me, then i crank hard rudder. this almost always brings my top turret to bear on em.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »
It was fun.  Crying shame that plane has such a weak gun package.  I may have a low threshold for 'fun' but it's always a good time flying with my squad mates.  Similar to logging into the arena and seeing 10 to 15 'regs' fighting it out.  Next mission is to get some of the 332n'd in AVA on a regular basis.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 11:10:15 PM »
so.. um.. what's the German equivalent of 'Banzai'?

That would be Horrido!!!

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 12:27:08 AM »
Crying shame that plane has such a weak gun package.

Mother Nature's way of evening things out.  The 202 may be the best-handling plane in AH2.

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
That would be Horrido!!!

J

I think I'll paint that on the side of my 109's :D