Author Topic: VOX help  (Read 490 times)

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
VOX help
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
I tried searching the boards but have not found anything to help,
I have set up my vox with a ubs head set tested it in windows wav recorder and is working, I went online to the training arena and tuned to my game ID I hit the “T” and my game ID appears at the top right of the screen followed by a beep and I hear my voice transmission. Then I tried the “F12” key and nothing happens. I tied remapping the F12 key and that didn't work. Also how can I have my head set work with vox only and all game sounds through the speakers? Any help would be appreciated.  :headscratch:

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: VOX help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »
You can never hear your own transmissions on range.  (If you could, the delay between what you were saying and what you were hearing would be VERY disorienting - trust me!).   However, if you press the / key to bring up the radio interface, when you "engage" range transmit by pressing whatever key you mapped it to, the Room/Range heading will highlight.

But if you can tune yourself in the tuned voice channel and hear your own transmission, that is how everyone will hear you on range.

As to seperating the sounds, go to the game's options/Preferences/Game Sounds panel.  In the right hand side, change the speakers to the appropriate windows device for speakers, and the headset to the appropriate windows settings for your headset. 

Then, on the left side, specify which groups of sounds you want to be played via which device.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline SkullAce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
Thank you <S>

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
 When I use my VOX I get lag and alot of time I get UDP TCP error and crash out. Help!

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
 Now it givs me UDP TCP every time I hit the transmit key. So no VOX at all with out disco. HELP!

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
Derkojote, I'd post a DXdiag - that sounds like you have a PC that's really too limited to play the game with - along with subpar sound.

But that's just a guess, and one that a DXDiag will confirm.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue