Author Topic: Dicta Tusk supplemental - Dr1 intel coup  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Dicta Tusk supplemental - Dr1 intel coup
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
Good Posts Tusk <S>

I have been flying the Camel lately and I have to admit it does take awhile to learn all of the
nuances of that particular a/c. I have somehow managed to learn how to only rip off my
wings only on my 10th sortie......so I am making progress   :D

As far as Onerka mastering the camel.......well......I keep telling him to get rid of that
Tandy Joystick he bought at Radio Shack. It is a real hunk of junk.

I think Radio Shack discontinued that stick about 10 years ago.
I think a Saitek, CH Product, or even one of those disposable sticks made by
Logitech would serve him better.

<S>
Mano
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
Re: Dicta Tusk supplemental - Dr1 intel coup
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
Flying with and against some of the higher ranking pilots, it looks like ammo disparity...the goodness of the connect, or whatever causes that...may have an even more telling effect on the outcome of a fight, at least once everyone knows how to fly.  There are a few pilots who can simply look at you and your plane explodes.

I've been too afraid to even mention this.... but let me just first say that being able to connect all of us up (from across the globe) in an arena so we can enjoy some semblance of parity in air combat deserves our applause, so in no way should any comment I make on this issue be taken as criticism toward AH. But like you I also believe there are inherent problems (probably caused by varying connection speed and quality) which at times practically render the contest invalid. I think it is down to each of us (particularly those of us not based in the USA) to fly only when our connection is good, that way we don't expose anyone to an unfair advantage that we may gain (from a poor connection) and likewise we don't expose ourselves to similar disadvantage.

As a result the bottom line has to be that we don't take the outcome from any single combat too seriously, or for that matter the overall result of our various efforts. No question that if we were all in the same room using the same gear on a LAN that the results would be different (I have seen this demonstrated in other sims). Then again the guys in the next room would probably be dressed up in Star Trek uniforms and speaking Klingon, and their recreational pursuit would be just as valid as ours.... nobody else cares what we do or why we do it. So long as it's good clean fun shared with likeminded virtual aviators of good character such as yourself does it really matter who wins or loses, so long as you have something to aspire to. So I'll climb back into my Camel and get on with it.... what's that Klingon expression?.... 'Today is a good day to die'.

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde