Author Topic: GV Complaint Dept.  (Read 1436 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: GV Complaint Dept.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
One of the guys put 5 rounds into a tiger yesterday got its engine main turret.  Put two more rounds into it as it ran with his panzer.  I put two rounds with the m4 75 into his back and got the kill.  Felt embarrassed about getting the kill since he did all the damaged.

I also once killed a tiger with two rounds from il2.  Got accused of cheating.  Think there's a bug with gv's somewhere.  And it shows up every once in a while.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
I've got 5000 gv perks............  I drive the Tiger often.  I have 1 shot shermans, and been one shot by them.  I have had impossible shots hit me, and have made impossible shots. 

At the end of the day, all is fair in love and war.  There is nothing unfair about the gv game. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
Most of the raegfits associated with GVs can be summed up with a hypothetical wild-west style gunfight.

"I shot him three times and he shot me once, I died."
is comparable to
"I shot him three times in the big toe and he shot me in the face, I died."

However, I do have film of some rather retarded happenings. I tend to never get around to sending them in, though...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
i was in a panzer. at 800 yards 2 of my shot at the tracks should have easily taken it out.

There is the little matter of what the round hits after it punches through the armor.  As I understand it, the hit sprite means you punched through the armor or hit a track.  If the angle of entry is such that it hits nothing vital, the target will remain.

If you were shooting at the tracks, one or both shots may have hit the tracks themselves, which would not have hurt anything vital inside the tank.

1. What tank gun is the 17lb equal to?
Firefly.

Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 08:35:09 PM »
There is the little matter of what the round hits after it punches through the armor.

The sprite means you have penetrated. What you have penetrated is not a factor in its displaying. This is most evident when engaging a Panzer; our Panzer IV has sideskirt armor designed to defeat shaped charge and infantry-placed weapons. Against a main gun AP round of any size, it's pretty much tinfoil. Thus when you fire at the side of a Panzer, you'll very likely penetrate the sideskirts and get a large hit sprite, even if you don't even dent the hull armor underneath it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
GV modelling in this game is just goofy and IMHO a real problem area that with a littl work could really be improved.

All joking about SHRUBBERIES!!!! stopping tanks dead in their tracks (or even worse flipping them) aside, the effect of hits on GVs and damage needs work. I wish I had film or photos, but many many times I have shot enemy tanks at inside of 800 yards, dead center hit to the chassis of the tank from the front quarter and directly from the side, only to see NO hit sprite what-so-ever, and dirt kicked up from the ground on the other side as my round PASSED THROUGH the enemy tank with no discernable damage done at all. One night I hit an enemy M4 in this manner from approx D800 with HVAP rounds, all 3 times no damage. No ricochet, just no damage as if the round had gone right through him and hit the ground on the other side of where he was sitting. He finally figured out where I was, rotated his turret, and 1-shot killed me.

:furious

AND ON THE OTHER HAND, many times flying above these battles I hear people say I hit him dead center or three times and nothing. Well from my point of view I have seen guys that say they hit have their
rounds go over head of the GV they say they have hit.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »

AND ON THE OTHER HAND, many times flying above these battles I hear people say I hit him dead center or three times and nothing. Well from my point of view I have seen guys that say they hit have their
rounds go over head of the GV they say they have hit.

And what do we learn from that?  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »

That when flying overhead GV battles you actually can't see crap that's happening on the ground and ought to be checking your own six instead?

:lol
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
That when flying overhead GV battles you actually can't see crap that's happening on the ground and ought to be checking your own six instead?

:lol

That too!  :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
I have never seen a shell hit a tank from a third person perspective. That includes fatal hits. They all pass straight through (or, if laggy enough, right past) the tank and land on the other side. Looks really strange when the tank explodes afterward.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »

If they didn't get it by looking at the pictures a simple text description isn't going to help.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH