Author Topic: TrackIR and filming  (Read 261 times)

Offline AHLongri

• Zinc Member
TrackIR and filming
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
Wonder what the odds of getting your view to change when using TrackIR and filming a sortie are?? :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: TrackIR and filming
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »
You mean the views in the film viewer?  Chances are nil; it's only recording the game data and views from the keys/buttons.  If you're filming the sortie with something like Fraps, it's recording exactly what you see and hear while flying.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »
You mean the views in the film viewer?  Chances are nil; it's only recording the game data and views from the keys/buttons. 

Technically, it's not much different from pressing keys, it's producing a similar kind of game data. But it's a lot more data for sure, and that may be one reason why it's not included.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
Actually, I don't think TIR has anything to do with simulating key presses to move your view.  It's more like using mouse-move for panning the view.  Does the film viewer record mouse-view head movements?  I've never tried, but I doubt it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »
Actually, I don't think TIR has anything to do with simulating key presses to move your view.  It's more like using mouse-move for panning the view.  Does the film viewer record mouse-view head movements?  I've never tried, but I doubt it.

Yes, it's like mouse panning - my point was it's creating game data. Just like pressing a key does (after all, you have panning view with keys too) and mouse panning does.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
I assume the HTC left out the trackir data from the film recording, because of the .ahf file size.

The snap view recording takes only a 5 bits(00000 - 11010) but fluent trackir data recording would take a whole lot more.