Author Topic: Why is CH product "The Best to get" ??  (Read 1333 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Why is CH product "The Best to get" ??
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
My CH stuff has work great for years and years, only had a hat switch get sticky and I replaced it in about 15 minutes.

Is your CH gear run through a POWERED usb hub? I know that if you have a number of USB peripherals hooked to your computer they will do weird stuff. Mine are connected (stick, throttle, and pro pedals) through a Belkin powered hub. I don't even think I've calibrated my stuff in over 3 years.  :aok

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
Like Bino I bought my CH pedals about ten or more years ago, and the right toe brake died about six months ago. I did have the left set up as both brakes in AH, but for some reason when I do that the brakes are on in FS9. Which makes for a long take off roll. The only other complaint I have about CH pedals is they are too close together for me.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
I've had CH pedals but upgraded to the simpeds, and I'd recommend the simpeds for sure.

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
Those simpeds are just looking more and more beautiful to me now.  :aok

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »
I was going to pull the trigger on the F16/usb Simpeds, but they are shown out of stock.
http://shop.strato.de/epages/219707.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/219707/Products/%22SP%2004%2011%20007%22
Which is probably a good thing since they are over $300 plus the cost of shipping to the U.S.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »
For what it's worth, I've had and used my analog CH pedals for around 15 years now, without a hitch.  They work as well as when they were new. 

Looks like you were unlucky to have gotten an outlier in the production run that had a lousy sigma level.  Don't let it sour you on CH products, though.  IMO, they are generally very well made and durable products.

:salute

o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 02:08:39 PM »
My CH USB Pedals work perfectly, the same as when they got them, albeit only a few years ago compared to some of you that have had yours for 10 years or more.  The one thing I've always heard and that I do myself, is connect all my CH gear to a powered USB hub instead of to an unpowered hub or instead of directly to the computer.  Its supposed to prevent many of the problems that can be had with them.  And powered USB hubs are pretty cheap, check Newegg.com for them.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
Do to a little design flaw that sometimes causes the wires that go into the pedals to get pinched, if you wiggle the cable at the entry point to the pedals it it frees the pinched wires.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »
had mine a good 3 years now they are all still working fine.   Wouldn't swap them for anything else.   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 06:56:09 PM »
Do to a little design flaw that sometimes causes the wires that go into the pedals to get pinched, if you wiggle the cable at the entry point to the pedals it it frees the pinched wires.

ack-ack

Ah so deska!  Cool, an excuse to - finally! - get out the wire stripper and the soldering gun.   ;)

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
   Look's like it's a little late to retune them, you could E-bay them and use the ole (don't know what this is? selling for a freind) he,he.  If they are already broken, how much more can you and Phillip's tear them up,  probly a easy fix!

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
Got full CH setup and the pedals work just fine even after one year of continous usage.

However I noticed that when putting the PC in sleep mode (Vista x64) that the powered USB Hub has connectivity issues when coming back to normal mode.

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
I used Ch Pro pedals, throttle and F-16 fighter stick for 3 years and never had a problem with any of them. After I left AH I sent all my gear to Uptown due to his controls failing. He said they were 100% better and was having no problems. If your rudder pedals failed I would say you were ramming to hard. Adjust your settings in game for more sensitivity and you should be fine. I am a strong supporter of CH products they are tough well made controls and if cared for properly they will last many years. My first set of analog ch controls lasted 10 years.