Author Topic: 109K-4 Props  (Read 710 times)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
109K-4 Props
« on: December 07, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »
Hi folks,

I've been flying some of the various flavors of 109s, most recently a K-4 vs the huge buff mission that the rooks put together.  Running a K-4 up to 32K, I just couldn't help the feeling that something was lacking.  I dug out my 109 books, and over the course of reading up on the K-4 I came upon a notation that the K-4s were equipped with a new wide-bladed VDM-12159 prop.  I checked out some of the pictures and you can see the difference between the wide-blade props and the standard props on other 109s.  Of course I then checked all the 109s in the hanger, and they (including the K-4) seem to have the same "standard" prop.

So I must ask the questions "is our 109K-4 modeled with the right prop?" and "does it make a difference?".  I'm thinking the reason they put on a wider prop is for high-altitude - they can't make a prop turn any faster, so they put on a wider blade so that they get more thrust up in the thinner air.  If the AH flight model takes this into account already and it's just a "graphic" needing updating, how can I find this out?  What flight testing can we do to check?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: 109K-4 Props
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
The Aces High Bf 109K-4 from what I remember has the performance curve of a Kurfürst with a best-of-the-best experimental prop that didn't see service in large numbers.
32,000' is freakin' high.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Man considering the myriad of  late model  109 modifications that lead to the k4 being designed.........I'm glad we have a prop on that badboy at all! I could just see the guys COADing the game pouring over the numbers and facts now   :rolleyes: :uhoh

"may have erla haube or may not"

"may have tall wooden tail.....or not"

"may have mk 108 or.......NOt"

"may have VDM-12159 prop......or not"

:D

oh and GIve us t3h 109 G10 H1t3ch ! :pray
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:10:21 PM »
Might just be for simplicity sake. The exterior of k4 does not show a tail wheel but the shadow does.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
The Aces High Bf 109K-4 from what I remember has the performance curve of a Kurfürst with a best-of-the-best experimental prop that didn't see service in large numbers.
32,000' is freakin' high.

I've gone afk, and come back to find that I've climbed to 40k, this has happened in both a G2 and a k4.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)