Author Topic: Need some help.  (Read 293 times)

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
Need some help.
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »
Hey guys as we all know Christmas is coming up fast and im trying to find a good processor for my dad's computer. He got the computer last year for x-mas but like everything else in the tech world it is fast becoming out of date. He loves playing flight sims but i cant get him to switch over to online sims such as AH dunno why he doesnt he just wont. With that said he has a 2.6 quad core processor in his comp now but id like to upgrade it so i can buy him that ne DCS project 10 A-10 game. He started his military career as a crew chief on one of these planes and was deployed to the 1st gulf war in the early 90's so i think he will love this game. I showed him the trailer to the game and he said it looked awesome but his computer/mainly his processor couldn't handle it. Any suggestions on a decent processor? Keep in mind i have limited funds to spend. Thx fellas

here's a link to their page if it helps
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

btw he is running an AMD chipset

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Need some help.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »
If it is an off the shelf computer post the make and model. If it is a "built" machine post what motherboard that is in it.

This is needed to tell what other processor will fit and the max processor that will work on the board.

Another thing to note is the graphics card and type. It may be that a graphics card may fix the issue. Many cards do processes onboard which means less work for the main processor.

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:29:07 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »
i know it is a Compaq off the shelf comp. i bought him a new video card last year i think it was a 1g ddr3 9600gso maybe? ill get the model # off the comp when my mom calls me back.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »
I'd think some ram and updated GFX card would do the trick nicely.  That 9600 is a bit dated.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com